Ring doorbell not charging (NOT SOLVED!)

Ive had the Ring doorbell product installed for 3 years, first with the original Doorbel, and now with Doorbell 2.

Doorbell 2 has been installed for about 18 months, and up until recently has been working flawlessly. About 2 months ago I started getting low battery notifications, despite being hardwired.

I initially thought it was a problem with the hardwired power, but on checking everything, including measuring the voltage suppled on the back of the doorbell, concluded that the hardwore power is being supplied as normal.

My average number of recorded events is around 100 per day (I have motion detection set) This has never presented any previous problems, and I wouldnt expect it to having hardwired power.

I am out the country on a regular basis, and cant be removing the battery to top up the charge on a regular basis. Whats going on here???

I should also point out that have 3 other Ring Cameras installed, all on solar power, and have never had anny issue with the battery power on these, which are also all set up to record on movement.

Ive now turned off movement triggered recording on the doorbell in an attempt to improve batter charge performance, but this kind of defeats the purpose of having the doorbell installed in the first place.

Please advise.

5 Likes