Highlighted
ABG
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

I have wiped it twice already tonight.... thats not a good solution Smiley Sad
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I've used the anti fog like ring have told me doesn't work. I cannot wipe it if away. They have know about this problem for years and not done anything about it. Another person from ring said yes that's what happens when tempture drops. They don't tell you this when you read about the product. This is not fit for purpuse. 

Highlighted
JT1
New Neighbor

I agree Summerlily9.When the Temps drop and there's moisture in the air the cameras are going to fog over and so far as I know,there's no fix for the problem.
Highlighted
Tal
New Neighbor

I tried the rubbing washing up liquid, was ok until last night when the temperature went below zero. It fogged up and loads of condensation. They definitely have a problem.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’ve just got home and my Ring is the same, all rigged up and can’t view anything. I only purchased on Wednesday....About as useful as a chocolate radiator currently!
Highlighted
JT1
New Neighbor

Adam1991,Same here.Moisture during cold weather and this is going to happen.Other then wiping the lens,I dont think any8can be done.So that means they're useless during cold weather.
Highlighted
Neighbor

I think the only thing that would fix it is if it had a small heat source inside. But if battery powered it would definitely drain faster..
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Mine is wired my sons is battery he has the same problem
Highlighted
JT1
New Neighbor

My Ring door bell is battery powered and my camera is Battery with a Solar panel for charging.Both have the same problem.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I think it's bad they are selling a product which doesn't work in winter. We had a problem when we was away with three people I think as couldn't see as misted over with a ladder and climb over the fence in the front into our back garden when we was away not nice when you need to see what's happening and you cannot see much