SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Re: Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

Did the stuff work on your doorbell you put on thanks

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I've noticed this is a big problem with people just in England and also the rain product. Doesn't work. I cannot find anybody who has youse a product that says it works. Surely this should be looked at by yourself to see what can be done as this is not fit for purpose when need when someone uses ladders early in the morning to get over fence but you can only see slightly through the camera when away. 

Highlighted
Tal
New Neighbor

The RainX didn't work
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

This is really bad the company should look into this
Highlighted
Tal
New Neighbor

I did ring customer services and the agent said to me that I could put a piece of wood or something over it to cover. If that's their solution they obviously not working on a solution of condensation when it gets cold and damp. Love to see their R+D department. Customers are paying alot of money for the product and then there's the yearly subscription on top.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

This is it we was away and just made out as it was misted over at 7.45 am which looked like two people with ladders getting over the fence at the front into our back garden. Not nice. They should find a solution as they are not fit for perpuse in cold weather. They told me just to search on amazon for a anti fog product  we shouldn't be doing this . How much money would you have to spend just to find that none of them work I'm so mad.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Our outdoor model devices are rated for weather resistance and, of course, outdoor use. As mentioned prior, while we don't have any suggestions for a particular brand, we have heard neighbor using Rainx keep their lens from fogging. Other solutions may be different brands of anti-fog, DIY covers, or even a different mounting location. Drastic change in temperature can cause your camera to fog up and is normal behavior for any camera or device experiencing the change in weather.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Someone on the forum has said he’s used rainx yesterday and didn’t work. My son has ring doorbell as well and has the same problem. You are selling a product which doesn’t work on cold weather
Highlighted
New Neighbor

im currently having this conversation with Ring online, suggestion to wipe it ... i cannot be wiping it every hour or so ... so its pretty useless and just deems it a normal ... albeit very expensive ... doorbell ?!

Highlighted
Tal
New Neighbor

I lately tried the old remedy of stopping spectacles steaming up by rubbing a little fairy liquid washing soap on the lens cover. It has worked, not perfect, but haven't really had a very cold night since. Time will tell. If it does work, may have to repeat weekly.