Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

True but it lasts more than one night. It could last longer than a week if its not constantly raining. Add before going away.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

We have a lot of rain temperature drops it happens a lot in the winter it’s a waste of time really big problem
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Sorry to hear it. I emailed him with an issue and he had it taken care of immediately. Might be worth reaching out j@ring.com.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I’ve been in touch they say they haven’t got a solution to this problem not very good when it’s been going on for years
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I believe rain X is for glass application only hence the reason for it not working on the ring doorbell 2. Try using Cressi anti fog spray available on Amazon which has been specifically designed for plastic and glass used mainly by swimmers , divers and motor bike riders as it contains no alcohol and has been rated number 1 as the best anti fog solution. I use it and had no issues if re-applied once every 2 weeks
Highlighted
New Neighbor

What is fairy liquid?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have a security camera as well as my new ring doorbell. The first night outside and it has misted up. My security camera has not so they cannot say that is the same for other cameras.
To move a device is also not a great solution, we obviously place our doorbells for the best view, if we have to move it, we then face less security when needed.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I read through this whole thread and havnt seen anyone use anti-fog film. Like what can be used in dive goggles, motorcycle helmet visors, or on Vehicle mirros and stuff. Im going to get some, and see how it works. Ill let you all know.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Hi I've used rain anti fog what ring said to use even though it says on the bottle not to use on plastic it doesn't work

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Im not talkig about a liquid, I mean a film like an adhesive screen protector. There are anti-fog films that you can stick onto your car mirrors and whatnot that keeps them from freezing and fogging. I just ordered some for $5 from amazon, so Ill post pictures in a couple days if it works. I have used stuff like that inside motorcycle helmets and they work pretty good.

/* */