Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

I think it’s bad they are selling a product which doesn’t work in winter. We had a problem when we was away with three people I think as couldn’t see as misted over with a ladder and climb over the fence in the front into our back garden when we was away not nice when you need to see what’s happening and you cannot see much

1 Like

Interesting I have two. One on front and one on back. Back one is hard wired and doesnt most over. Front one runs on battery and mists over. I’m assuming when hard wired the leds remain on and give enough heat to keep it most free

Mine wired and mists over so that’s not true

My sons battery and his mists as well

Disappointing , first night of use and I can’t see a thing due to it misting over. Will try some washing up liquid on it tomorrow.

I tried it but if it gets frosty and below zero degrees, the washing up liquid doesn’t work

Hi everyone, just to add to this thread. I also have a ring doorbell and we are located in the Cambridgeshire area and are also having an issue with the doorbell steaming up/fogging over.
While I understand the science of condensation what I don’t understand is how such an expensive device has not accounted for it. Perhaps the battery design is a flaw and as per the Google Nest Hello it should be mains wired as well.
I will be taking my Ring Pro down this weekend and installing the Nest Hello to see if that is any better.
I will have to look into the warranty situation regarding my Nest Doorbell because it dont feel it is fit for purpose.

Hi mine is wired and still have the same problem. My sons is battery still the same like yours anti fog doesn’t work fairly liquid doesn’t work. Looking at threads this has been going on for years they have not resolved the problem. They are selling a product which they do not say doesn’t work with the te put Ute dropping. Let me know how the nest on works please

What if Fairy Liquid? Please, thank you

British brand of washing up liquid

Its washing up liquid. Unfortunately when the temperature goes below freezing, it didn’t work.

It’s washing up liquid doesn’t work. anti fog doesn’t neither

Mine is fogged up on the inside and not the outside. I’ve gone the extra mile and fitted a rain hood meant for a key entry pad. As soon as the temperature drops it fogs over and its useless.

I’m having the same problem with all my ring devices , not with my Arlo

What is arlo

My other security system right now using both debating which one to keep

I have 7 RING cameras. 3 are wired and 4 are wireless. Right now all 4 wireless cameras are fogged over. The 3 wired cameras are nice and clear. I believe the wired ones must generate some heat which keeps them from fogging?

Well I’ve got a wired door bell and it mists over so don’t that is the case with door bell son got wireless and his mists over as well

I got new WiFi how I can reset my door bill

Might want to post in your own thread. This is about misting over in cold weather.