Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

When we needed to view camera as we had three people come with ladders to try to break into house we could not see any think anybody used anything to stop this from happening very annoyed. This is happening in winter time not only me my son and other people I know who have the ring doorbell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Re: Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

155 REPLIES 155
Highlighted
New Neighbor

condensation issues

For some time now there is so much condensation on the camera (not sure if inside or outside case) that any video occuring early in the day is useless.  Is there a way to eliminate the condensation? 

This doorbell is installed at a vacation rental house so it is not practical to wipe the unit down every morning.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @summerlily9  and @rwoodlin !  While we don't have any suggestions for a particular brand, we have heard neighbors using rain x helped keep their lens from fogging. Hopefully others might share some more recommendations of solutions that have worked for them. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Highlighted
Neighbor II

Any anti-fog application should work. Rain X is one brand name that many use.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

How often do you have to use this
Highlighted
Neighbor II

They use it on car windshields and it lasts a few months. But that's with wipers and rain directly on it. A security cam I would think should last even longer. I'm sure there are a few on Amazon with reviews. I good search should fine the best on there.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I've read that someone used this and did not work 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have just purchased a Ring 2. Now it's getting cold at night and I too have condensation on the lens. I was thinking about using RainX but was not sure if it would affect the plastic cover of the lens, so I ' lightly ' applied it anyway this morning. Will find out tomorrow morning if it worked or if I need to apply it again.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I need to know as I was away mine was misted up and at 7.45am sae two people climb over into back garden using ladders only could see outline when I needed it the most. This is a big problem with the ring