Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

I am tempted to contact Ring ( when I have a few minutes) to ask for a refund and buy some others like Blink where there is no subscription to pay.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

They'll have some peculiar reason as to why you can't get a refund - which is technically criminal, considering they've sold us a defect product. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

That's why I need to be in the mood for a strongly worded discussion with them without them hanging up the phone on me.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Please record it so we know what to say for the result we need 🤔
Highlighted
Neighbor II

Sadly, Blink has the same issues. Read their forum here. https://community.blinkforhome.com/t/condensation-for-outside-camera/10108
Highlighted
Neighbor II

Arlo cameras too.
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Reliability-Arlo-Pro-2-amp-Condensation/m-p/1651689
They all have the same things to try. Rain X and etc.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Cold weather

I live in Michigan and have had and have issues withmy ring doorbell. When it's cold, it frosts up and like today, it's 5 degrees out and my ring doorbell is not working and everything is functioning like it should. Has anyone else had problem with theirs in cold temps?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have 4 non-ring cctv cameras around my home, some are more exposed to the weather than others. They NEVER mist up at all, morning, noon and night.

My ring 2 doorbell is located away from the elements, and is under an overhanging roof. Through the day it is ok. At night, you may as well disconnect the battery to save power as the misting up of the lens makes it totally useless.

This is the worst product I have ever bought, and I would never consider any of their other stuff as I expect it would be just as useless. No wonder there's not a problem of having them stolen - even low life thieves don't want them!

Thanks Ring......for nothing.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I also have non-Ring CCTV cameras that have never had this issue. Two of them are ten years old and are fully exposed to the weather and still work to this day without issue despite the weather...so it is possible!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

It has to be down to the cover not having some sort of anti fog coating or the materials that are used being more susceptible.