Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

What temperature does it drop to when it happens on your doorbell

What’s the temperature it drops too when you took photo

Yeah Im trying that now. 15-20 minute wait time to talk to customer support is ridiculous. They must have a lot of problems with these things.

You should understand that millions were sold for the holidays and anyone that has any issue is calling them. So even people asking for help setting up are calling. Also today is new years day so many are home and hooking up the Ring presents. It should be easier to get them in a week or so.

I’ve spoken to them they say they have not got a solution to the problem just told me to try rain product which is no good

This problem has been happening for years but the still have not resolved it

I have Cctv and this issue does not happen with it. I have installed loads of Cctv and it does not happen I know people with cheaper door cameras and it don’t happen. Only with ring. It’s obviously a manufacturer’s fault they can’t be bothered to fix

100% no.

replying to: What is fairy liquid?

Read the thread. This question has been answered 3 times. it is washing up liquid.

Hi all. I just thought I’d let you know that I’ve had a very similar issue to what most people have (see first set of photos) but I may have solved my problem! After 4 days of really warm and cold variance in weather conditions (between 4-12 degrees in one day), I haven’t needed to wipe the lens off to get visibility. It isn’t 100% perfect (see last photo where left and right corners look like they have a ‘droplet’ of water on them) but more than usable state! I used the product I have been using for my car (for about 5 years now!) called Aquanil by a company called Croftgate USA (there’s a UK distributor as well, Google them). It’s similar to the Waterless Car Wash products but it’s the beat one I’ve used and I’ve tested the other makes, both cheaper and more expensive ones. I use it for beading the condensation we get on our cars here every morning during the Fall/Winter/Spring colder seasons and works extremely well. It doesn’t just clean it, it leaves a microscopic layer of protection, hence you don’t get water staying on the surface. I thought I won’t be able to change the weather conditions but at least, I can lower the surface energy on the surface by adding a layer on top. I improved it even further by using the ceramic coating they have. I think it’s called Endure XXL., please look into their website for the correct details. Ring doorbells are great products and technical phone support was actually very good, which was a pleasant experience for a new Ring customer. This Croftgate Aquanil and the ceramic coating seems to have solved this issue for me. Remember to make sure you follow the easy step by step instructions on the bottle (use a good quality microfibre cloth) to ensure optimal performance from the product.

Condensation on lens of Ring Doorbell 2: https://imgur.com/HcRf8Ns

[img]https://i.imgur.com/HcRf8Ns.jpg[/img]

Condensation, lens view of Ring Doorbell 2:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/BcO5eqX.png[/img]

Croftgate Endure XXL ceramic coating to avoid reduce / condensation:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wPBFQNY.jpg[/img]

4 days after applying Croftgate Aquanil / Endure XXL:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/lZ0Kfeb.png[/img]

Anti fog spray does not help with condensation on the inside. The RingDoorbell 2 is a sealed unit so should not mist up on inside. My other Ring cameras do not have same issue just the Ringdoorbell2 maybe a faulry unit. But it is useless on winter mornings!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve been waiting for a sensible solution and hope Ring take note.

They have told me they have not been going in for years and they still don’t do anythink

I have a qt-see system in addition to ring but swann view cameras from a previous system that have excellent resolution. You want as many lines resolution as possible

Count me in with having this issue during colder weather.

I live in Ohio and it is bad enough that the nighttime images are useless.

My doorbell faces the west and it does get some of the stronger storms.

I am wondering if any of the cases/covers would prevent or help this issue?

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 11.22.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 11.22.48 AM.png

I wished I had read all these comments before I brought one… I shall definately tell people I know not to get one till this problem has been solved… very annoying

1 Like

Did this work we having same issue…any advice ?

I have the original version 1 stick up cam in a bird house with solar, zero issues 5 yrs old.

I have a 2 yr old version 2 stick up cam also in a bird house they are mounted in a manner that they don’t get IR light reflecting back off the bird house but are protected from the weather. CA weather is mild last night we saw 53 degrees and foggy damp type humidity. The camera seems to fog up on the inside of the lens. The version 1 camera was far far better quality.

This is happening to me too.

I live in Northern England. Right now it’s 0 Degrees C outside (WELL within the operating temperatures stated by Ring) and right now it’s unusable. It’s so blurry that I can’t make out our cars literally two metres away.
This is an absolute farce.
I got the Ring 2 as a Christmas present. I used the one month free subscription, but I refuse to sign up to the Direct Debit myself unless there’s a resolution to this. What’s the point in having a security camera that doesn’t work from November to March?
To reiterate, this is Zero Degrees C (32 F). It’s not exactly Arctic conditions. It is impossible to see anything. Ring need to provide a solution.

Ring really need to provide a solution to this. If the strips work then why aren’t they provided with the doorbell?

Anti fog spray isn’t working, nor is washing up liquid. What else do we have?