Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

Sorry to hear it. I emailed him with an issue and he had it taken care of immediately. Might be worth reaching out j@ring.com.

I’ve been in touch they say they haven’t got a solution to this problem not very good when it’s been going on for years

I believe rain X is for glass application only hence the reason for it not working on the ring doorbell 2. Try using Cressi anti fog spray available on Amazon which has been specifically designed for plastic and glass used mainly by swimmers , divers and motor bike riders as it contains no alcohol and has been rated number 1 as the best anti fog solution. I use it and had no issues if re-applied once every 2 weeks

1 Like

What is fairy liquid?

I have a security camera as well as my new ring doorbell. The first night outside and it has misted up. My security camera has not so they cannot say that is the same for other cameras.
To move a device is also not a great solution, we obviously place our doorbells for the best view, if we have to move it, we then face less security when needed.

I read through this whole thread and havnt seen anyone use anti-fog film. Like what can be used in dive goggles, motorcycle helmet visors, or on Vehicle mirros and stuff. Im going to get some, and see how it works. Ill let you all know.

1 Like

Hi I’ve used rain anti fog what ring said to use even though it says on the bottle not to use on plastic it doesn’t work

Im not talkig about a liquid, I mean a film like an adhesive screen protector. There are anti-fog films that you can stick onto your car mirrors and whatnot that keeps them from freezing and fogging. I just ordered some for $5 from amazon, so Ill post pictures in a couple days if it works. I have used stuff like that inside motorcycle helmets and they work pretty good.

What is fairy liquid

So we have condensation that is on the inside of our ring video doorbell 2 that has fogged up the image. I’ve read where you can use rainx but how do I apply that to the inside of the doorbell? I would think this would void the warranty. We got this as a Christmas present or I would have already went and got my refund. Called customer support and wait time is 20 minutes? Terrible customer service and from what I can tell not a good product if you cant use it when it’s cold outside.

So no one has a real solution to this problem? It’s not the outside of the doorbell thats the problem. It is condensation on the inside where the lens is.

Don’t get condensation on the inside. I get mine on the outside. Must be really cold where you are if it’s on the inside

I’m in Indiana. I wonder if it isn’t sealed and rain got inside it?

I’m in the UK. We definitely have our share of the rain. Could possibly a seal issue.

Don’t waste your money anti fog by rain doesn’t work washing up doesn’t either. I’ve been been in touch they are saying they have not go a solution to the problem. This had been going on for years they have not rectified this. Not a very good answer

So here is my update. If you are suffering from condensation and frost on the outside of your ring doorbell, I found something that works. I attached before and after pictures and the product I used. Just get some anti-fog film from amazon. I ordered some film designed for rearview mirrors and cut a small square and put it on the outside of the lens. No more fog or condensation. I hope this helps. It was a pretty cheap and easy fix. Those of you with condensation on the inside of your lens should probably do a warranty claim. Maybe ring will take note, and start including something like what i used, it worked for me. Rain-x and dish soap did not help my situation.

5 Likes

Here is a picture of mine today. It is in the 40’s here today. You can tell the condensation or rain or something is on the inside.

Thats no good. I would try to warranty that if you still can.

What temperature does it drop to when it happens on your doorbell

What’s the temperature it drops too when you took photo