Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

Arthurmorgan,I have a Ring door bell and a Ring Camera and the same thing is happening to me.I live in Washington State and during the cold weather the cameras will fog up.There is no fix and it sucks.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

@jt1 is your ring camera ok then also or are both misting?

Ring have no fix for the doorbells yet this thread says solved laughable really.They should have a advisory rather than stating the operating temps they do.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

@jt1 I too am from Washington State and I have noticed that I have 2 updated rings both fog my older one does not fog I’m thinking they may have changed something when they upgraded
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I found that rubbing soap on a clean microfiber cloth and passing lightly on the lens helps. It lasts quite a while depending if it rains. Apply as needed, has not harmed my lens at all. Hope it helps.
New Neighbor

Do you mean like ... just soap or soap and water?

Also what kind of soap did you use ?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Has anyone tried a coat of car wax?

Just a thought.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

A bar of dry bathing soap dry or just a dab of water. Make sure it's not an exfoliating soap it can scratch. Rub on softly and with the ring active on your phone rub until clear not off. If you do it at night you can tell with the street lights or neighbors lights they look a little stretched but the video and view are perfect. We had 20 degree weather again last night and it worked like a charm. Good luck.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Nice! Thanks for the tip. Definitely gonna give this a try tonight.

Now if I can get this camera to work great with my porch light, it’ll be perfect.

Everytime my porch light comes on, the camera view has a huge glare. So you really can’t see anything
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Easy fix if the fixture is above the ring at night when you turn the light on take a small L shaped piece of card board or stiff paper and pin or tape it just above the doorbell on the house. Don't place it directly on top as it will affect /block the motion sensor. Then take the card board off in the morning.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Cannot do that when on holiday

/* */