Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

Washing up liquid. But didn’t work for me

I have just purchased Rain X to give it a try but on the directions is says NOT to use on plastic! Does anyone know if the cover over the camera lens is glass or plastic?

It doesn’t work used it on mine

Rain x does not work in a fogged ring door bell 2.Ring have now suggested i use halfords night and day.My ring 2 is only battery powerd i need to run wiring for power as current house has no existing door bell.

I am no reluctant as its usless at night.
That said the ring floodlight on the same house same conditions has no fogging.I wish i didnt purchase the ring doorbell 2 its not made for british weather.

Arthurmorgan,I have a Ring door bell and a Ring Camera and the same thing is happening to me.I live in Washington State and during the cold weather the cameras will fog up.There is no fix and it sucks.

1 Like

@jt1 is your ring camera ok then also or are both misting?

Ring have no fix for the doorbells yet this thread says solved laughable really.They should have a advisory rather than stating the operating temps they do.

@jt1 I too am from Washington State and I have noticed that I have 2 updated rings both fog my older one does not fog I’m thinking they may have changed something when they upgraded

I found that rubbing soap on a clean microfiber cloth and passing lightly on the lens helps. It lasts quite a while depending if it rains. Apply as needed, has not harmed my lens at all. Hope it helps.

1 Like

Do you mean like … just soap or soap and water?

Also what kind of soap did you use ?

Has anyone tried a coat of car wax?

Just a thought.

A bar of dry bathing soap dry or just a dab of water. Make sure it’s not an exfoliating soap it can scratch. Rub on softly and with the ring active on your phone rub until clear not off. If you do it at night you can tell with the street lights or neighbors lights they look a little stretched but the video and view are perfect. We had 20 degree weather again last night and it worked like a charm. Good luck.

Nice! Thanks for the tip. Definitely gonna give this a try tonight.

Now if I can get this camera to work great with my porch light, it’ll be perfect.

Everytime my porch light comes on, the camera view has a huge glare. So you really can’t see anything

Easy fix if the fixture is above the ring at night when you turn the light on take a small L shaped piece of card board or stiff paper and pin or tape it just above the doorbell on the house. Don’t place it directly on top as it will affect /block the motion sensor. Then take the card board off in the morning.

Cannot do that when on holiday

1 Like

True but it lasts more than one night. It could last longer than a week if its not constantly raining. Add before going away.

We have a lot of rain temperature drops it happens a lot in the winter it’s a waste of time really big problem

Sorry to hear it. I emailed him with an issue and he had it taken care of immediately. Might be worth reaching out j@ring.com.

I’ve been in touch they say they haven’t got a solution to this problem not very good when it’s been going on for years

I believe rain X is for glass application only hence the reason for it not working on the ring doorbell 2. Try using Cressi anti fog spray available on Amazon which has been specifically designed for plastic and glass used mainly by swimmers , divers and motor bike riders as it contains no alcohol and has been rated number 1 as the best anti fog solution. I use it and had no issues if re-applied once every 2 weeks

1 Like

What is fairy liquid?