Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

I used a tiny bit of fairy liquid rubbed on the camera and it works a treat!!

1 Like

I’ve tried it didn’t work for me☹️

Is that neat fairy or mixed with drop of water? Will defo give it a try tonight as I cannot see a thing ?

My ring doorbell & the camera are misty now :frowning: looking for solutions but seems like an ongoing issue?

Neat fairy

1 Like

Before and after with neat fairy liquid 2 hours difference 3 degrees temp… I’ll see if it last over night !!!

1 Like

I tried wiping mine and 30 minutes later there fogged up again.

I’ve just applied a light amount of washing up liquid and will see how that goes.

I do have some neverwet and boot water repellant spray but not risking the chemicals causing damage.

I put neat fairy onto damp tissue and have added before (no visibility) and after shots (clear pic) also about 2 hours apart lets see how long that lasts ?

1090DA0A-C3C3-4942-8F8C-955A78486089.png

I have 2 Ring doorbells and a Ring solar cam all fog up, I have 3 Arlo cams none of them fog up I was in process of switching from Arlo to Ring and now I’m not so sure. I am going to try some WD40 first if that doesn’t work I give up it’s useless to have cameras that you can’t see .

So 5 hours on and the fairy does appear to have worked ?

00D284B4-EEBF-40A1-A36F-67102C482DB8.png

3 Likes

Clear view over night -1 temperature fairy seems to do the trick!! ?

1 Like

Fairy looks a lot like Dawn here I think I will try it as well do you just us a drop and spread it on lens ?

1 Like

I just put a bit on the end of my finger and rubbed it over the lens

1 Like

The washing up liquid failed for me. Seemed to last and hour before misting up.

Might depend on how much is on but it’s not a solution for if it starts raining.

I tried my boot water repellent solution and has worked a treat. No misting, no fog, no thin layer of ice.

1 Like

I did wonder about rain actually… I’ll probably end up with a frothy lens

I have major issues with condensation on my ring, already applied anti fog. Now having issues with frost. Both are making my ring useless

I have two, one in front and one in back, front doesn’t frost over, one in back does. Both are battery powered. The one in front is on a covered porch, the one in back is not. I think that helps the front doorbell.

It’s the opposite for me in that my doorbell at the front that is battery powered and under a porch frosts over. My rear floodlight that’s mains powered and fully exposed gets no mist.

I have a 8 ring cameras and the only one that fogs up is the ring doorbell 2. So saying that this is a issue all outdoor cameras have is incorrect. I also have a couple of Arlo and one of them has fogged up once or twice in extremely humid weather with rain and literally heavy fog out. The other rings (floodlight cams etc) did not. This is obviously a design issue and since mine didn’t do it for the first 6 months I had a the ring doorbell 2 it leads me to believe something is breaking down in these that is allowing humidity to get into them. They need to fix this because just tonight for instance there hasn’t been any rain and no large temp swing. Temp went from about 52 at 5:00 pm to 38 at 5:00 am, not a cloud in the sky and the ring doorbell 2 is worthless - it’s all fogged up and will likely stay that way until around 10:00 or 12:00 the next morning. This is happening most nights now without any rain. Ring needs to fix this. My stickup can’t isn’t fogging either just the ring doorbell 2. I even have a old original ring Doorbell about 50’ away and it’s not fogging up. It might have once or twice in the last couple of years but nothing like the ring 2.

2 Likes

Da hell is fairy liquid