Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

I have 7 RING cameras. 3 are wired and 4 are wireless. Right now all 4 wireless cameras are fogged over. The 3 wired cameras are nice and clear. I believe the wired ones must generate some heat which keeps them from fogging?

Well I’ve got a wired door bell and it mists over so don’t that is the case with door bell son got wireless and his mists over as well

I got new WiFi how I can reset my door bill

Might want to post in your own thread. This is about misting over in cold weather.

I’m going to have to try the suggestions here.

Having the same issue with my Ring cameras misting up in the recent cold weather. The only problem is with the mist being on the inside of the lens cover, how do I avoid voiding the warranty?

Hello ReaVer,Both my Ring door bell and my Ring camera in my back yard do the same thing.I dont think its misting on the inside it’s on the outside from the cold weather.During the day they are fine but at night it sucks.

How is it that this thread is marked as solved? There isn’t one person who has suggested something that has actually been successful - RING - how can you say this is solved? Anti-fog solution and fairy has been reported as being used but unsuccessful when temp below zero ??‍♀️

7 Likes

I agree CLJ.The cameras are going to mist over no matter what.During the cold weather with moisture in the air,you would need a heat source near the lens to prevent it.

1 Like

I started this post. Ring look at all these people who are having these problems this has been going on for some years. But here we are you are still selling them with no resolution to this problem. This product is not fit for perpose.

4 Likes

Yes, should be sold as a seasonal product - summer and springtime only if UK based ? put mine up yesterday - just need to wait a few months before I can see anything at night ? #moneywellspent

1 Like

I used a tiny bit of fairy liquid rubbed on the camera and it works a treat!!

1 Like

I’ve tried it didn’t work for me☹️

Is that neat fairy or mixed with drop of water? Will defo give it a try tonight as I cannot see a thing ?

My ring doorbell & the camera are misty now :frowning: looking for solutions but seems like an ongoing issue?

Neat fairy

1 Like

Before and after with neat fairy liquid 2 hours difference 3 degrees temp… I’ll see if it last over night !!!

1 Like

I tried wiping mine and 30 minutes later there fogged up again.

I’ve just applied a light amount of washing up liquid and will see how that goes.

I do have some neverwet and boot water repellant spray but not risking the chemicals causing damage.

I put neat fairy onto damp tissue and have added before (no visibility) and after shots (clear pic) also about 2 hours apart lets see how long that lasts ?

1090DA0A-C3C3-4942-8F8C-955A78486089.png

I have 2 Ring doorbells and a Ring solar cam all fog up, I have 3 Arlo cams none of them fog up I was in process of switching from Arlo to Ring and now I’m not so sure. I am going to try some WD40 first if that doesn’t work I give up it’s useless to have cameras that you can’t see .

So 5 hours on and the fairy does appear to have worked ?

00D284B4-EEBF-40A1-A36F-67102C482DB8.png

3 Likes