cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell false notifications

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring doorbell false notifications

my ring doorbell is constantly alerting me to someone being at my door. There is no one there, device health etc all fine. I've depressed the bell button to ensure its not stuck. Motion detection set to people. Help please 🤞
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ring doorbell false notifications

Hey @Claireh11. Could you show us a video example of when you have motion at your Doorbell but nobody is there? This will help us dissect what could be causing this! You can upload the video to Youtube to share it here, make a share url by emailing/texting the video through the Ring app, or downloading the video and making it into a ZIP file to attach to your response. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell false notifications

I think I have the same problem...  and it is not motion but actual ghost ring notifications.  My doorbell basically rings pseudo randomly on its own... i can tell the difference when someone really presses the button because that will trigger my internal doorbell to go off as well where the false notifications only notify my ring app. Sometimes it goes days without a false doorbell notification and other times it will happen like every 15-45 minutes..  In the middle of the night no less!  For instance, on 5/14 this happened 8 times between 1am and 4am.   Since I am a member of the ring explorers... I wonder if this has something to do with that.  Maybe some weird firmware was downloaded to my doorbell?  I've had this since 2015 and it has only been acting up over the last year.