Ring doorbell 2

Our ring doorbell 2 has become all but useless, we can no longer answer rings, just get activating device, recorded motion is just black during playback and can’t see anything in the dark, when and if it works. It has nothing to do with our WIFI as it is getting a strong signal and we are using the same router that we have been using for the past 2 years. Has anyone found a usable work around to make this device functional again?

Hi @Santiki. What is the RSSI number on your Device Health page in the Ring App? This will indicate the signal strength of the wifi connection that your Ring is receiving, which you can read more about in our Community Post here. If the RSSI looks good, I’d recommend resetting your Doorbell and then reconnecting it to wifi before testing the Live View again. To reset your Doorbell, you’ll want to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s done, you can reconnect it to wifi on the Device Health page. Let me know how that goes for you! :slight_smile:

RSSI -53

Resetting did absolutely nothing. It is not even recognizing motion, WIFI signal at device is about 30 mbs.

@Santiki Thanks for trying the reset and letting me know how that worked for you. Since the concern still persists after the reset, it may be best for you to contact our support team directly so they can take a deeper look at your device and account to help figure out what’s going on. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I am about to put the ring in my driveway and drive my van over it. I don’t have time to sit on the phone and troubleshoot since I work in a hospital. I have followed the steps and just get a flashing ring, not lights moving in a circle. The Ring app states that I am connected and everything is is working, even though nothing is. I fully charged the battery, nothing, just a flashing blue circle.