Ring doorbell 2 won’t power on

My Ring doorbell 2 (battery power) will not turn on. I have tried 3 different fully charged batteries. It does not power on at all.

Let me point out too, before someone ask—the batteries work in my cameras, so I believe it is something with the doorbell.

2 of the batteries are only 6-months old roughly. The doorbell is 11 months.

1 Like

Hi @Matteblack13. Nice job testing the batteries in the other cameras to make sure the batteries are working and ruling that out! If you can, please insert one of those batteries into the Doorbell, and try pressing and holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. This will perform a soft reset of the device and hopefully come back on. If the Doorbell still doesn’t have any signs of life or light, please reach out to our support team here for further troubleshooting.

I have the same problem with battery since I installed it. It is hardwired also. I don’t understand why I need battery if it is hardwired. Don’t make sense to me!

1 Like

I got this problem today. I recently changed the battery over to a fully charged one and it’s been fine for a few days then at 0958hrs it went offline. Was a firmware update sent out for ring doorbell 2?

So recently all these doorbells got an update that bricked them…right before Black Friday sales, huh? Convenient!

I also have had the same battery issue. I have 3 batteries, all work first time when I plug into camera though it’s random if they work on doorbell. As I plug in battery it flashes once then that’s it. Seems to me like an issue with the contacts on the battery. As you plug it in the brief flash shows contact then not. Very frustrating.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.