Ring doorbell 2 not ringing inside house

I have recharged battery, reset, etc.
The camera and the doorbell work outside, but the inside alert is not working.

1 Like

Hey @Janny. Are you referring to an internal chime kit that is part of an existing doorbell circuit, or a Ring Chime or Ring Chime Pro? If it’s an internal chime kit, do you have the Doorbell hardwired to doorbell wires at your door? This information will help us to better provide some guidance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are also having this problem. Our Ring Doorbell 2 was installed using the wires from our original doorbell. It used to work fine. We thought it was the battery but even after charging it, the inside bell does not work. From what I have read online there should be a setting within the app that will allow us to choose Mechanical doorbell however the app doesn’t give is that selection.

1 Like

Hey @KRJ1. The option to choose between a mechanical and digital doorbell is not a setting for the Doorbell 2, as you don’t need to do anything additional when installing it to a mechanical chime. It’s possible the chime kit may not be compatible with the Doorbell 2, which is why it is not working consistently. What is the make and model of your chime kit? You can check out a list of compatible chime kits for the Doorbell 2 in this Help Center Article here.

I’m having the same issue. When I originally installed my Ring Doorbell 2 to my existing chime (installed in the wall of my hallway) it worked fine. You rang the doorbell and it chimed inside the house just like the old doorbell!! For whatever reason, it has stopped working. It rings on the outside of the house at the doorbell but NOT in the house or even on my cell phone alerts that I have double checked for notifications. WHAT IS UP!? It seems like you guys created your own RING CHIME and then made all the others chimes not work. Please respond to the common issue in this thread. And I have confirmed my mechanical doorbell NuTone LB-14WH is listed as compatible.

6 Likes

Hi @Kgarrison. I would recommend reaching out to our support team directly so they can take a look, as the chime should be working if it is listed as compatible. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to look more closely at your device and account to see what’s going on. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. The doorbell rings outside, but doesn’t alert to my phone, or to Alexa (we don’t use a chine, we use all the Alexa devices in the house) help. We are worried about missing deliveries

From your Ring app:
Click on the three lines at upper left
Devices
Front Door
Device Settings
In home chime settings
Advanced Settings
Chime type
Mechanical (ding-dong)

1 Like

Ring must have made setting changes. I’m having the same issue, Ring was working fine before. Notifications are sent to cell phone yet, cell phone doesn’t ring and Ring doesn’t ring inside the house anymore. Something must have recently changed with Ring 2. There is no setting that can be set for mechanical chime. Ring was working fine until just recently. If we’re all having the same issue then Ring made changes to their product. Perhaps they are trying to force customers to purchase a chime. I am very disappointed in Ring and will talk to other Ring 2 users and see if they are experiencing the same issue.

3 Likes

I charged my battery and mow can’t hear the mechanical ring inside my home. Anyone else have the issue?

1 Like

In Device Settings, there isn’t an option for chimes other than adding a chime. Prior to today, Ring 2 did not require the purchase of a chime to get alerts on your phone and in the home. I paid for a product that is supposed to ring my phone and send an alert when someone is at my door. It appears Ring has removed the main part of the product and wants to sell it back to the customer at the cost of purchasing a chime. Thi# is not acceptable.

2 Likes

I’m also having that issue! Not happy about it.

Have had the Ring for a couple years now. Worked great up until a couple weeks ago. Now I get no inside chime of my mechanical door bell and no phone alert when the doorbell is pressed. Hardwired doorbell that says the health is in good condition. Amazon and Ring messed something up and I think it needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

Ring 2 is no longer being supported. Ring is focusing on Ring 3 and Pro. Ever since I changed my WiFi password and reset Ring, my cell phone no longer rings. What good is it to have a Ring doorbell that doesn’t ring the phone. Pictures are captured but no sound. The setting on the Ring picture shows the sound is muted. However each time it is unmuted, Ring defaults back to muted. Ring must have changed a setting. Customer support does not answer the phone either.

Hi neighbors! If your Doorbell is not ringing or you are not receiving any notifications to your mobile device, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can help isolate the specific concern you’re having and offer troubleshooting steps in. order to resolve it. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

My ring is also no longer ringing inside the house after it’s been working just fine for over a year

2 Likes

Installed a Ring 2 doorbell yesterday. Install went fine, but our indoor “other party” chime is no longer functioning, and the Ring software doesn’t have an option to enable it.

The voltage connected to the doorbell (24v) is fine.

I’ve read some things online, but references are made to software options that don’t exist in the application.

What’s the fix for this???

Installed a Ring 2 doorbell yesterday. Install went fine, but our indoor “other party” chime is no longer functioning, and the Ring software doesn’t have an option to enable it.

The voltage connected to the doorbell (24v) is fine.

I’ve read some things online, but references are made to software options that don’t exist in the application.

What’s the fix for this???

I am still having the same problem where doorbell does not ring inside. I have Ring 2 doorbell and it worked great for the first several years and now I might as well not have it. It was installed by a Ring technician who hardwired it to my existing doorbell. I’ve read numerous complaints since I first wrote mine. Is there any solution yet? I’m ready to go to another company if I can’t get this one to work any better.

Response to Janny…

No — I don’t have an answer back from RING yet.

From reading the posts in this thread, it would seem that RING has purposefully disabled the ability for indoor “other party” chimes to be used with their system / products … this in an attempt to get people to have to buy one of THEIR chimes.

Arg!

1 Like