Ring doorbell-2 not recording fedex delivery person. package suddenly appears. other people ok

Can fedex block recording?

Hi @Gerr! Our devices are not able to be controlled by any entity other than an owner operating the device, or Ring updating it. As long as wifi signal is sufficient and motion settings are optimized, you should capture your postal deliveries. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

I recommend checking settings such as motion sensitivity and motion frequency, in your Ring app, to ensure these are set to detect motion consistently. Feel free to include a video example for a look at the environment, as it can help with further recommendations. :slight_smile:

Very disappointed in your response. Ring video recordings are being blocked by delivery drivers. No problem detecting and recording other movement. I have filed complaint with FCC regarding this problem. Ring needs to stop denying issue. It is not a problem with Ring equipment per se. Wifi is probably being interfered with.

1 Like

I had this same thing happen yesterday. I came home and had pkgs that ring did not notify me of. Also, I set mine to record at cars driving by, but yet it never records me parking along the curb and walking up my long sidewalk, only records once I’m at my door. Very puzzled. Thinking of spending the money to try another recording device to see if I get better results. Not real satisfied with this one.

2 Likes

I’m a little late to the party. I installed the Ring video doorbell nearly two years ago and everything was fine until a week or two ago when all deliveries are no longer recorded. This isn’t an Internet loss of connectivity. This has to be all delivery persons now carrying jammers. The postal carrier is recorded every day but not FedEx, UPS, Amazon, Doordash, etc. May as well uninstall. It isn’t monitoring any longer except for my mail carrier and me. Does this have anything to do with the purchase of Ring by Amazon? Very interesting and coincidental and also very disappointing!