Ring doorbell 2 not notifying phone

New user here - Hi

My Samsung S7 has stopped receiving notifications after a month of working properly. It now receives a banner at top of phone screen saying something like “Somone is at the door” if phone is already open. If I click on this it opens the Ring App. But I do not receive any audible sound on the phone. (The Ring Chime Pro does sound).

The stock answer seems to be uninstall the app and re-install. I have done this but no different. Also turned on-off Samsung S7.

ANyone any ideas why this has stopped working.

Same problem for me with Ring Video Doorbell. After working for several weeks, I now only receive the visual notification on my phone. I have recharged the device and reinstalled the Ring app. No change. Very annoying…

I see this this thread was started on 12/18. There has been no response. Does anyone from Ring bother to monitor this site?

Thanks for bringing this back up, I thought nobody was here.

Sam thing with my Samsung S10+ phone. No audible notifications.

Had the same issue on my Samsung 10+ phone. Ring 2 was working fine notifying for months then stopped. Today just went to door hit the doorbell buttom twice and now I seem to be getting notified on the phone again. You might try it.

We both have Iphones and it stopped notifying us a few days ago when someone was near our front door. I don’t see any help here on Ring with this?? HELLLLLLOOOO???

Hi @cat9201. As this is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum, it does not serve as a direct line to our support team. I’m happy to offer some suggestions that may help resolve your concern. For notification concerns, typically uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone to clear the cache, and reinstalling the Ring App will do the trick. This refreshes the Ring App’s connection with your phone and permissions. You can also check out this Help Center article on how to troubleshoot notification concerns for iOS devices specifically here.

If this concern persists after trying those steps, it would be best for you to reach out to our support team directly so they can take a closer look and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: