Ring doorbell 2 Problem after battery removal

I removed the battery to charge it and when charged and connected I now no longer see my doorbell in my device tab. Due to ownership restrictions I cannot re-install it. It is totally useless and I can find no information or Ring support on how to fix it. Is it physically broken? HELP

Hi @Chaz70! Your Video Doorbell should not disappear from your Ring account unless you removed it manually through settings, or if you were a shared user and the owner changed access details. I recommend removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. Once done, please log in and check the locations drop down from the Ring app main menu to ensure your device is not showing up under another location. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the support, your solution did not work. I am 100% sure I did not delete my device. I am the owner and not a shared user. If I try and re-add the device I get a message that this unit is still in use by the owner. I’m sure this a valid response for security reasons. If I don’t see my device on the phone app on in my account at ring.com I am stuck in this situation. Again I know these are security measures, but I’m frustrated.

Thank you for this update, @Chaz70. After confirming those details, it sounds like the Change of Ownership process should assist here. Although, as you are the owner it is odd that your Ring app is not recognizing such. If the change of ownership article did not help further, our support team will be happy to provide more in-depth troubleshooting. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.