Ring doorbell 2 Motion Sensitivity

Hello,
How do you save the settings? It says it saved but it never does and always on max sensitivity so constant notification with every car that passes. Thanks!

@CraigT The settings will automatically save but can take 24 hours to update accordingly, or until the next motion event.

Hello,
It’s been two weeks of trying to save settings and it never does. I just got off the phone with Ring and deleted app and reinstalled. The setting still don’t save.

I’m experiencing the same issue, when I drag the blue arch to the desired setting, it will not save it. Ibe uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing, same thing over and over…tired of it resetting.

Hey neighbors! Thanks for bringing this back up and to our attention. I have been investigating this concern with the appropriate teams to see if we can isolate the reason for the slider not moving, as I also had this happen with my Ring Video Doorbell 2.

Specifically, @CraigT and @StephenA, do you both have People Only Mode turned on? You can verify this under the Ring app > Devices > Ring Video Doorbell 2 > Smart Alerts, and then let me know if this is toggled on. Hope to hear back from you soon!

No I have not turned on people only

@StephenA Can you please go into your Ring app > Devices > Ring Video Doorbell 2 > Smart Alerts > People Only Mode > and then take a screenshot of this page and reply with that? Additionally, please let me know what app version you have along with what software version you are viewing your app on (Android, iOS).

Android ver 10, Ring very 3.23.0

@StephenA Thank you for your speedy responses! One last thing, just to compare/confirm, please look at my screenshot of the slider. Is this also where your’s is stuck at? If so, if could also provide a screenshot of this page as well for me, this would be appreciated! That way I can pass on all this information to the appropriate team.

I’ve included 2 pic, original that touched the street and one where I pulled it back a little

@StephenA Thank you for that! So, no matter how many times you go through this process, save the settings, and then go back into the settings, does it always revert back to the slider position as shown in my screenshot? Or just back to the position it was at previously, thus not updating to anything new you select? I just want to ensure I have this information correct before I pass it all onto my team.

Last variable that I could think of effecting this as well, since you have to answer a few question in the Motion Wizard screen before being able to adjust the slider, could you please let me know the answers you picked for those questions? Thank you again!

As for the questions, I’ve done it several way. I have selected steps and no steps, I have selected that I face the street and I don’t face a street, no matter what I select, and then slide the blue arch back away from the street, it still detects trucks in the street.
I save the settings and activate the motion to save and have pressed the doorbell to save.

I thought I saw my previous setting without going into the motion settings page, but I’m not sure how I saw that they reverted back.

Is there a way to see the blue arch without going into the change settings.

@StephenA I understand what you’re meaning now, sorry if there was any confusion! This concern that I was diving into is in regards to the slider not saving to the setting that you have saved.

Your current situation seems fit for you to be in contact with our support team, as it seems your motion detection is not working as intended. They can take a deeper look into your device and concern to what may be causing this for you. Please reach out to to them here at any time.

Additionally and for your information, you will be able to only see the blue arc when altering the settings in this section of your app.

Thank you for your help.
I remembered where I was able to see the blue arch without going into motion settings…it was in the motion zones setting, after I saved my changes by pulling the blue arch back, and activate it my pressing the door bell, if o go into Motion Zones it’s back to the default.

BTW, my son’s doorbell 2 that we got on the same day doesn’t have this issue.

Hello Chelsea_Ring,

I don’t see what you are mentioning on my app. My problem was resolved a while ago, but I don’t know how. It does allow me to save my settings after I make changes now. Thank you.

@StephenA That’s good to hear! Glad we got that sorted out for you. :slight_smile:

@CraigT Fantastic! I just wanted to make sure that everything was still in order with you since it had been awhile since we had chatted in the forum. Thank you for you the update and glad all is well. :slight_smile:

My motion settings are no longer visible, in devices.

No reset.

It works on my phone, now but not on my laptop.

My husband set up our doorbell on his phone and neither one of us have motion settings where it should be. They both say motion snooze. I’ve tried looking for it on both of our phones and tried logging on the website directly to try and change it.

There should be a gear symbol in the top right part of your screen when viewing your front door. If that’s not there you can always call support they work very well over the phone.