Ring doorbell 1 speaker not working,no sound through doorbell

Hi,my ring doorbell is not working, I can see people and hear them on my phone but they can’t hear me talk back to them.

Hey @Asher1. When you are answering a Live View call, you need to make sure you are pressing the green phone icon after pulling up the Live View. What this does is “answer the call,” and from there you an unmute/mute yourself from talking by hitting the mic icon that will show up, and mute/unmute the sound from outside coming through if you do not wish to hear what is happening outside. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hello Team I tried this option but there is no sound on the outside door bell ring. Can you provide any other recommendations?

Thank you,
Minh

Hi @Moneymtp22. If you are pressing the green phone icon after pulling up the Live View and visitors are still unable to hear you, make sure you’re speaking into the correct microphone on your phone. Some models of phones will have the microphones in different locations for when you are using the phone on speaker, which is the case for using the Live View. It’s also important to make sure to check the permissions in your phone’s settings to ensure that the Ring App has permission to use the microphone on your phone.

If these suggestions don’t work for you and this concern still persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: