Ring cam glitching?

Has anyone else been having problems with their ring cameras? I know they can be hacked, but I don’t think that’s the case here.

Has anyone’s camera been glitching? Like something is there in one frame, but not in the next? Or there’s nothing there, and then suddenly there is, even though no motion has been detected? Could this be a problem with camera lag?

I read through the faq, but I’m still baffled. Maybe I just installed it wrong?

1 Like

Hi @h_karovska! Security is our top priority at Ring, and our team of security experts are always working to ensure that you are safe and protected on all fronts.

As Ring doorbells are wifi-enabled, it needs a wifi signal to operate. If you’re concerned about specialized burglars using wifi jammers, we recommend adding a PoE enabled device such as our Stick Up Cam Elite, or even just a second camera to increase the area monitored.

Based on your description, the best first step is to ensure your wifi signal strength is sufficient for video connection. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing signal strength. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Similarly, two packages “mysteriously” appeared on our porch yesterday. THAT’S the motion we want to see and be notified about-(and of course less scrupulous reasons for being on our porch). I saw my husband go out the door and pick them up from the app, but he was notified that the packages arrived from the service he ordered them from. I see nothing in the settings of my battery Ring to adjust the sensitivity of motion on the camera…

Hi @user63196. If you are a Shared User, you cannot adjust Motion Settings and will not see the option in the Ring app. Only the user set up as the Owner can. If you are set up as the Owner, this Help Center article will include the steps on how to adjust Motion Sensitivity.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.