Ring button does not work.. Video works just fine

The doorbell will not ring. The video works. The doorbell will ring randomly without pushing the button. But when the ring doorbell is hooked up, it will not ring the doorbell. By pushing the button. Could it be the back plate. I did notice some corrosion on ther, but not enough to be concerned about it.

Hey @Montyz81 ! We’re here to help :slight_smile: What doorbell do you have? Did you recently install it or did you just start noticing this problem?

I am having the same problem, except the doorbell does no ring at all when the button is pushed. The video is fine, I get motion alerts when someone is at the door. I have a Ring 2.

My doorbell is hardwired, the Ring is powered with a blue circle around the button and the mechanicial chime inside my house is working fine (we took the doorbell off and touch the wires and mechancial chime rang).

Hi @AGShih, happy to chime in here. You may want to try a reset of your Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. From there, you’ll need to set it back up in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know if everything appears to be working properly after trying these steps. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the reply. I ended up calling Technical Support yesterday and we tried the push/hold for 20 seconds and reset up process but the button still is not working. It appears to be a hardware issue and a new device was ordered.

1 Like