Ring app not working

Hi I haven’t been able to use my ring doorbell since Tuesday, videos are black screen no audio and no live, ring is 100% fine and my Internet is 100mb so no problems there, videos say signal is bad but rssi is 50 I’m getting angry as I can’t seem to get any help at all

Hi I haven’t been able to use my ring doorbell since Tuesday, videos are black screen no audio and no live, ring is 100% fine and my Internet is 100mb so no problems there, videos say signal is bad but rssi is 50 I’m getting angry as I can’t seem to get any help at all

Is your Doorbell wired?
If so can’t help you.
I am sorry that you are not getting any help - you and I are in the same storm on that one.
What I did and hopefully it will help you.
I had some serious issues and I ended up removing the device from my app and reinstalling it. Sometimes it will give you a “Are you sure” or do you want to reinstall or reboot or something along those lines.
It sort of worked. Also put your Doorbell on your wifi that has the highest speed; this helped mine.
the next thing that will help with performance is this.
At 51% battery still left; I went and undid the cover and took the battery out.
I then wiped down the lens on my Doorbell 3 Plus and wiped down everything that I could see. I placed the battery back in; closed up the cover and wiped down everything again.
This took about 5 minutes total.
I hope that this helps; if not I am not sure what to tell you.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about that @Vanrssajones! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. As you’ve checked your wifi resources already, lets try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device.

On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and other connection features are disabled, that might interfere with streaming.

While 50 is not a critical RSSI it can be an indicator of some interference. I recommend checking out our live view connection post by Riley. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: