Ring Video doorbell 3 plus - solar charger - corner kit

Ok so have a video doorbell 3 plus with a solar panel and would like if possible to mount a corner plate to the camera to angle it inwards, but reading and seeing images the corner plate has to be mounted first, surly there must be a better solution than this as the images I have seen look awful, and an obvious and easy place to grip it and pull it off the wall…

Hi @tomcatuk. When installing the Doorbell with the Solar Charger and a Corner Kit, it will be Solar Charger > Corner Kit > Doorbell. You can check out this thread here as other neighbors had questions about this installation method as well. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

@Caitlyn_Ring wrote:

Hi @tomcatuk. When installing the Doorbell with the Solar Charger and a Corner Kit, it will be Corner Kit > Solar Charger > Doorbell. You can check out this thread here as other neighbors had questions about this installation method as well. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

No thats wrong, those instructions say the opposite of what you have said…

ie “The Solar Panel will be at the base of the 3 pieces, and then the wedge will be placed in, and then the Doorbell”

But there seems to be a debate about how to connect the doorbell to the corner/wedge bit…

Maybe I should just take it all off and try myself…

@tomcatuk You are correct, apologies for any typos on my end! As stated in the thread that I did share, the Solar Charger will be installed first and any corner or wedge kits will be installed between the Doorbell and the Solar Charger.

@Caitlyn_Ring wrote:

@tomcatuk You are correct, apologies for any typos on my end! As stated in the thread that I did share, the Solar Charger will be installed first and any corner or wedge kits will be installed between the Doorbell and the Solar Charger.

Many thanks… will have a go later…

:smiley:

1 Like

The Video doorbell 3 plus with a corner plate and solar panel, used the screws that came in the kit, bit fiddley but it worked… included two images which produced error messages but seem to be there…

1 Like

Have Ring Doorbell 4 mounted on angled wedge. Wonder if solar panel bracket fits or desiged for doorbell 4?
Appreciate your thoughts

Glad you asked, @Bhamras! This Solar Charger on Ring.com, is the one that is compatible with a Video Doorbell 4. :slight_smile: