Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus won’t save HDR Setting

I have the new Ring 3 as well with the latest iOS update to the ring app and am experiencing the same problem. Hope there is a fix to this bug soon

Just installed the app today 30 April 2020 having purchased video doorbell 3 but HDR setting keeps resetting to off all the time.

I installed the Doorbell 3 Plus yesterday, and I’m experiencing the same issue with HDR toggling off every time I close the app. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app to no avail.

Also just got the ring 3 plus and HDR toggles off on its own not sure why. Maybe it’s only happening at night I’ll need to double check. Looking for update or answer. My first ring device. Also got the chime pro. So far so good otherwise

Same issue with a new Video doorbell 3 Plus.

HDR keeps resetting to off.

This is not related to the night as I set it on this morning and then checked an hour or so later and it was off again.

Ring, please fix

Many thanks

I have just bought Video Doorbell 3 and I noticed the same. Turned HDR on but next time the menu shows its off (dont know if its really off or only the menu shows wrong).

I bought a ring 3 pro

The HDR does not save like in this thread and it is not fixed by the latest update.

Quite surprised people are saying it is fixed when it is an issue on the latest device

Hi,

If you set the HDR setting as on the latest Ring 3 pro, it does not save. It goes back to HDR =off.

Yes I have the latest update and firmware.

This is on iOS.

1 Like

Hi Chelsea,

I clicked to reach out to the support team like in your post. However it just says “ask a question” and it doesn’t go to any support team. All it does is show you how to turn on HDR and then if you need more help it just brings you back to the community. I’m a new user - but looks like no support team

Is a known issue on iOS. Spoke with Ring they are aware of issue.

1 Like

Im having the same problem. I just purchased a Ring Video Doorbell 3. Installed the newest version of the app, reinstalled, and HDR setting keeps going back to the “off” setting after turning it on. This needs to be fixed as this has been an ongoing issue for a while according to the community. Its dissapointing, please fix it.

I also have the ring 3 plus and HDR is still switching off.I rang support and they said enable it on Android which i did and it would triger it to work on iphone,IT DIDN’T !! I think they make it up as they go along,it is about time they fixed this issue ,this is not a cheap item.Can we get what we payed for by any chance???

1 Like

I have had my Doorbell 3 Plus for less than an week, love it but also have the exact same issue. HDR keeps switching itself off.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! I have heard back from the appropriate teams, and it looks like this should have been resolved with the most recent app update. If you can please ensure this toggle is saving and working for you now, that would be much appreciated! In the event the toggle may still cause problems, please remove your Ring app from your phone, reboot your phone and then reinstall the app and try again. Let me know if you have any further comments, questions or concerns! :slight_smile:

I have accepted this post as a solution. Our teams have isolated this concern and deployed a fix to have this addressed. We appreciate your patience during this time and please feel free to update this thread if it’s working now for you! Thank you.

Please help. I am trying to subscribe but I cannot do it through the app can somebody please give me a contact number or email so I can subscribe. I am trying to subscribe but I cannot do it through the app can somebody please give me a contact number or email so I can subscribe

Hey @Jgergs. You will be unable to subscribe through the Ring app, and need to go to Ring.com to subscribe. If you are still unable to following this article here, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’m still having no joy fixing this issue. Followed every step multiple times and still not saving the setting in HDR mode.

All my other camera’s are staying on HDR except my Ring 3 Plus. When will this issue be fixed???

I have a new Ring 3 doorbell with the latest soft/hardware and HDR still switches off.
No fix yet.

We have the team looking into this for you, @Rodneya332 !