Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Video Doorbell 2 not working with TP-Link Deco M9 plus

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Video Doorbell 2 not working with TP-Link Deco M9 plus

Hi,

I have problems connecting my Ring Video Doorbell 2 to the WiFi network of my TP-Link Deco M9 plus. I have read several seemingly related posts. These are marked as solved while the given solution doesn't work for my configuration.

My configuration:

Ring Video Doorbell 2 with updated firmware

TP-Link Deco M9 plus with updated firmware

I have tried connecting with and without fast roaming activated. I have tried connecting to the WiFi as well as to a WiFi Guest network 2.4 only. The results are unpredictable in the sense that no working connection is made but that the Ring shows either the top two lights or the right two lights blinking white.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Lex

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ring Video Doorbell 2 not working with TP-Link Deco M9 plus

Hi @Felix63. Does your wifi password contain any special characters? Sometimes the special characters in the password has had some neighbors run into a concern with the device not connecting. Additionally, you may need certain ports and protocols opened on your router for the device to connect. You can learn more about that in our Ring Help Center Article here. If you still run into this concern, please reach out to our support team here. Let me know how it goes! 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.