Ring Video Doorbell (1st Gen) Motion detector not working

Hello. I ask you to help. I ran into a problem. Ring Video Doorbell (1st Gen) does not have a motion detector. This is my second doorbell. The pen device has no such problems.Alerts do not work when motion is detected. The event log does not fill out and alerts do not come on the smartphone. The motion detector is activated. Motion detection zones are indicated. The sensitivity of the motion detection sensor is indicated. All settings are completed. But motion detection does not work. What should I do?

1 Like

Hi @SSSR! The best first step here will be to remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device and reconfigure your motion settings. Please also ensure there is no motion scheduling, and that your Ring device is subscribed for recordings. Once confirmed, test some motion to see if any alerts come through, or video gets recorded.

If there is no motion detecting still, please perform a reset on your Doorbell by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. After doing this, you may need to complete a new setup in the Ring app. If this does not resolve this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: