Ring Stick Camera not working with tp-link range Extender (Model #: TL-WA855RE)

I installed two tp-link (300Mbps Wi-Fi) range extenders in my home. Mainly due to very weak Wi-Fi strength for my front Ring Stick Camera overlooking my driveway. During the Ring setup…the Ring System reflected that the tp-link had 5 bars strong in order to sync with the Ring system…however…during setup…the Ring system lights were flashing Blue and Red (reflecting a problem). I reset my COMCAST router and the Ring Cam as instructed to do…which did not help at all. How frustrating!!

It appears that other Ring customers are having the very same problems with the tp-link Wi-Fi extenders. All my other equipment (cell phones, laptops, etc…etc) are carrying a super strong Wi-Fi signal from the tp-link extenders. So…I’m at a loss as to why my Ring Stick Up Cam in incompatable. Help!

1 Like

Same problem. We have the TP-Link RE-450 extenders and the Ring Spotlight Camera would not hook up to it. I called Ring support and was told I need the Ring Chim Pro. So now i need to spend an additional $50 to get the camera to work where I need it. And it also appears after reading this forum, that i will probably need to buy an extra $30 battery and a $99 solar charger that may or may not keep the batteries charged.

Same problem with a Cisco router in bridge mode.

I have the same Problem, just spent £99 on the TP-Link AC1200 Deco S4 kit. I sees my wi-fi with very strong signal but tells me every time my password is incorrect.

Same issue with a tp-link c9 set to bridge. Suspect some forced A$Z mesh network upgrade path. Keep users locked in to controlled services. Time to jump ship.

Same issue here! Ring sees and tries to connect to the tp-link extender but wont! Has ring or anyone figured this out? They sent me their INDOOR range extender thats does NOTHING for my OUTDOOR security camera!? My other CHEAPER cameras have NO problem connecting to the he extender at all.

Hi neighbors. If you are having difficulty connecting your Ring device to a 3rd party WiFi extender, try using our Chime Pro. You can also purchase this from Amazon and take advantage of the easy to use return policy if this doesn’t improve your connection.

The ring chime is an INDOOR extender, i was sent one to “fix” the problem, doesnt work. My tp-link is an outdoor extender to connect my outdoor ring spotlight pro cam that wont connect! My camera needs to be 100 feet from my house and an indoor extender does bo good. So how do you get the ring camera to connect to my outdoor tp-link extender, and why is it no one from ring will address this question/problem?

Hi @Weesel72. Although placing your camera 100 feet from your house may be the ideal placement for you, this is beyond the capability of most WiFi routers. Environmental factors like drywall, wood, insulation, and other items in your house will degrade your WiFi signal. I would suggest a POE camera like the Stick-Up Cam Elite for this application, as WiFi is not a factor

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.