Ring Pro won’t enter setup mode

My ring pro will not go into setup mode. I had the first generation ring hardwired so I know everything works. I even got the WiFi extender chime time rule it out but it simply will not go into setup mode. It will not show a spinning white light. Just a pulsing white light. Below is the troubleshooting I’ve done.

1. Tried bypass mode on the v2 pro power kit and also installing it normally.

2. Held down orange button for 30 seconds to do a hard reset. This results in the white light pulsing. Never spins.

3. When going through setup on the app it asks to connect to ring network but it never completes.

4. When connecting the ring pro using the WiFi extender chime, it never finds the ring pro.

5. The ring pro will chime and blink blue, but it won’t connect to the app.

6. Tried connecting directly to WiFi and even restarted modem.

It seems like it’s stuck in limbo. If there’s another way to hard reset, I would like to know. Otherwise I need a replacement. Thanks!

I have the same issues

I have the exact same issue with my Ring Pro. I was able to set up my Ring 2 smoothly but not with this one.

Hi neighbors - have you been successful at setting up your device? I know its been a day so wanted to get the most up to date information :slight_smile:

My ring pro still will not enter setup mode

Hi Jenifer,

My issue with the ring pro is as below:

• Ring pro stuck with a soft white glow.

• After I long pressed the side button, it seems to do a reset and after about 1-2mins, the top half is blinking in blue color.

• If I press the doorbell button, the chime will sound and the light wheel will spin in blue. After about 5 mins, the light turns solid blue for a short while before the top half is blinking in blue again.

• Pressing the side button once does not do anything.

• Ring Pro was left connected to the power for a whole day before setting up.

• Ring Pro is connected with the provided ring adapter so there should not be an issue with voltage.

All in all, I still cannot set up my Ring Pro. Please let me know what will Ring do to resolve this matter. It seems like a common issue with all the Ring Pro since I don’t have any similar issue with my Ring 2.

Regards,

QT

Hey neighbors! Thank you for following up with us here and detailing more of what you have done to get this resolved. Since this is still to no avail, we recommend contacting our support team directly to see what the cause for the concern is. Could you please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here? We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’m having the same issue. It was working fine until one night around 1:30am. Now it just pulses white. Won’t enter set up mode. I even changes transformers just in case. No help.

I have the same issue. Contacted ring a number of times. Now I am planning to return the doorbell back

Hi Jennifer,

I tried contacting Ring Support through chat and was sent the Pro kit.

I installed the pro kit as advised but still no progress

The button keeps flashing blue without entering setup mode

Tried various strategies: Hard resetting, soft resetting … no way of getting it to work

Would it be possbile to return it back for a Doorbell 3 plus or a refund ?

I have the same problem. Ring video doorbell pro worked fine for about 6 months, but now will not connect to wifi. I’ve tried every step on your list, every possible install method including chime but can not enter setup mode and never see the spinning white light. Pulsing white circle or spinning blue light only.

I contacted customer support today but was still unable to get the doorbell working. This seems to be a common problem in this community. Do these doorbells just stop working after a while and need a replacement? Is it possible to warranty these units? Any info would be appreciated.

I contacted to support but was only given the installation instructions from the manual and app. My unit worked for about 6 months now will not connect. Is it possible to warranty my ring pro?

Hey neighbors! If you are still having this concern of the device not entering setup mode, we recommend to call our support team for a follow up here. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

@flase001 Chiming in for Jennifer here, our support team may be able to do an exchange, but you will need to reach out to them to confirm this. Feel free to come back here and let us know what they were able to do for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Chelsea_Ring Thanks a lot. Having help at this point is greatly appreciated. I used to contact support through Chat. It seems that this is no longer available, or I just cannot find it. Would really appreciate any help possible here as I am now in desperate need of my doorbells. At least please consider either a full refund or replacement for a Video Door bell 3 Plus please. This is what I’ll do with the refund anyways and will have extra cash available to buy some spare batteries. Please let me know the best way to go with this. Thanks

@flase001 I completely understand! Due to COVID-19, we had staffing restrictions which resulted in our chat department being moved over for phone support. After some time has passed, our chat department has returned as of June 14th, but with limited hours and with a limited scope of support. For replacements, returns, and troubleshooting, you need to give them a call directly. You can learn more here to see how to contact support!

I am still having problems with my Ring Doorbell Pro. I cannot find simple setup instructions on how to connect it with just Ring Chime out of the box. I find this to be very frustrating as all videos and diagrams point to users who already have a chime.

I have a new house and I bought 2 x Ring Doorbell Pro and wanted to install them out of the box using the provided transformer and chime. Guess what? No instructions of how to wire these without having an existing Door bell.

Contacting Support, they sent me the pro kit which Installed but to no avail!

The Doorbell keeps flashing blue.

Tried hard reset, soft reset, reinstallation … to no avail …

Can someone help please ? I’m desperate now :frowning:

Thanks

Hi @flase001, happy to chime in for Chelsea here. Since you have already tried the suggestions previously recommended in this thread, you’ll want to reach back out to support for more advanced troubleshooting. They’re going to be able to take a closer look at your device specifically and work with you to get it up and running in the Ring App. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.

I have the exact same issue. I even replaced my 16v transformer as a precaution. Everything powers up properly, but I cannot get ring pro to enter setup. I’ve disconnected power to ring pro, pressed doorbell button to drain capacitor. Let sit for 10min and reconnected to power. Ring light flashed for minutes then went solid. I pressed orange reset button on side of ring to enter setup, but light will never spin and device will not enter setup mode.

1 Like

Your doorbell likely needs to be replaced. I had to call customer service, but after verifying that I had reinstalled the camera while they were connected to it they shipped a replacement.

Exactly same thing started happening with my Ring Video Doorbell Pro tonight (After working fine for a year). I have tried everything. The bell works fine but no WIFI. I wonder if it crashed during a firmware update? But a hard reset should sort that out. No idea really. But a real shame that a pattern (spin once, pulse for 14 flashes, then solid) is not documented publically