Ring Pro with Ring Power Adapter - No Activity

Good Morning - yesterday I received the Ring Pro along with the “official” Ring Pro plugin power adapter. I was going to use the adapter to setup the Ring Pro while I was in the process of installing everything I needed to hardwire the Ring Pro installation. However, even after sitting plugged in for over 12 hours now, there is no activity on the Ring Pro - no lights, no flashing, no spinning, etc. I double checked the power at the back of the Ring Pro coming from the adapter and it is reading 26.6V - I also tried pressing the setup button and also holding it for 30 seconds to do a hard reset - still nothing.

So far up to this point nothing has happened as described in the installation manual steps. How long am I supposed to wait for any activity on the Ring Pro?

Thanks

So…

It’s been well over 24 hous and still no activity at all - absolutely nothing. I mean what the heck??

The doorbell was step one in doing a whole-house security installation using Ring products. I have to say this being the first experience with their products basically sucks. Certainly not getting any warm and fuzzy feelings. Guess I need to rethink this whole scenario in using Ring.

Hey @Brian_10101. Thanks for coming to the Community to highlight your experience with the Doorbell Pro and the Plug-In Adapter, and my apologizes that we couldn’t get to you sooner. Once plugged in with the Adapter, the Pro should show some signs of life, or at least that it is “charging up” with the ring around the button lighting up. If you don’t see anything like this after about a hour or so, it’s best to give our support team a call to have them look into this further for you.

If you still see no signs of life on the Doorbell, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.