Ring Pro “there’s a problem with your internet”

Installed a Pro three days ago and it worked

like a charm until today when it dropped off the network and now refuses to connect. Tried rebooting, but ended up going through the reinstall process. It connects to WIFI but the says “there is a problem with your internet” (there isn’t - nothing has changed since installation and everything else is working just fine) and drops off again. Been through all the online guides but nothing resolves it.

I’m using a Velop mesh with an ASUS router. The WIFI signal is strong at the door RSSI ~50 and the power supply is “GOOD” (4000+)

Rebooted my entire network. Even set up a non-mesh AP with a unique SSID but “your internet has a problem”

Am thinking the unit has failed and will return it for a replacement…

Hey @rDoodly , have you also checked with your internet service provider that there is no outage or maintenance occurring? It’s certainly unusual to hear it connected but is not communicating anything. Some common causes of these symptoms are: too many devices connected to a network, a great distance between the router and device, and major interferences such as large appliances or thick exterior walls.

If these concerns persist, feel free to give our support a call for a more in depth look. Let us know how it goes!

It was the Ring Pro. The replacement arrived, but before installing it I put the original back on - it worked, initially, and then within a couple of minutes dropped off the network and wouldn’t reconnect: “There’s a problem with your internet.” I put the replacement up and it has been functioning perfectly since installation.

1 Like

Hello, I am having the exact same problem! Can’t even set it up because of the " your internet not detected" issue

Getting same error, setup fine initially now won’t connect to internet. Chime extender connected and still connected so not network or ISP issue. My guess defective device ugh

Who did you contact for the replacement?

Who did you contact to get the replacement?

Hey @MonkeyBoy63, happy to chime in here. For any inquiries on replacing a device within its warranty, you’ll want to reach out to our support team so they can review your device and account. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Hope this helps! :slight_smile: