Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Pro suddenly far more sensitive

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Pro suddenly far more sensitive

Agreed. Nothing has changed for the better or the worse, even though I’ve readjusted the “zone” to include just a tiny area. Still receive false readings.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Glad that worked for you. I have reduced my zone to the wall on my porch only, so the size of a magazine, people only, just as it’s always been and it still goes off incessantly. You seem to be in the minority.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Pretty sure we’re just getting a different brand.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Out of curiosity, what SW version do you have?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

The device firmware?  I don't see the version anywhere. It just says "up to date" for device firmware, and from what I gather from a google search, if it is up to date, it won't show the version number.  Are you able to see what firmware you have?

My app software version is 5.19.1, but I don't believe it's the app that's the issue. It would most likely be a firmware issue. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I agree! Firmware I have version 1.16.00267. I attached a screen shot
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I received a replacement doorbell from Ring and installed it on Saturday. No change. I'm still getting false positives.  This confirms that it's not a hardware problem. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Regarding Firmware, mine just says "up to date".  Is there a way to verify the actual version number?

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

@howada1966 wrote:

Regarding Firmware, mine just says "up to date".  Is there a way to verify the actual version number?

If you go into Device Health, it will tell you your firmware version. mine says 1.16.00267.

For Ring App Version, you can go to "help" and see it at the bottom. Mine says 5.19.1

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Went there; it does not give me the version. Just says “up to date”. I am not finding what you are talking about under “help” under “device health” at all.
/* */