Ring Pro suddenly far more sensitive

Your changes were not enhancements. I didn’t have missed motion before. It worked exactly as I wanted it to. I agree with others that it is unusable now. I am set to people only. Headlights casting a moving shadow on my neighbors house when a car drives by at 5:30am should NOT set off a notification. PLEASE get rid of the upgrade "enhancements ". If things stay as they are, I will be canceling my subscription to Ring, I will be warning everyone I know to stay away from the Ring video doorbell, and I will post negative reviews online wherever I can. I loved this product and told everyone how great it was. Now I hate it!

4 Likes

I agree, this is ridiculous, and unacceptable. It obviously isn’t an issue a few people are suddenly having. It all happened at the same time. Coincidence?? I don’t think so. I used to love my Ring doorbell, but now I have had to turn off the alerts, so it’s useless. I was even looking at the other Ring products to add to my system, but no more. It seems there is little interest on their part to fix this issue, as the same automatic reply is given out, suggesting things that we have all already done. Therefore, I will more than likely be cancelling my subscription as well, and looking into one of their competitors. Ring really messed up this time.

2 Likes

Ridiculous that you should have a zone the size of a milk chute. I’m about to just shut this off forever. I reported problem. Nothing offered as solution thus far.

1 Like

These did not result in missed motion; they resulted in too much motion. Look, we all had these things set up perfectly and now you folks come along and mess with it. Now, I get alerted that moths are flying on neighbor’s’ porch. WTF put it back the way it was!!! Adjusting the zone doesn’t work and furthermore, we shouldn’t have to. Ever heard the phrase, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,”? This applies here. Time to reset back to where it was.

1 Like

I see Ring has no reply. Meanwhile I get notifications every time a car drives by 40 feet away on people only.
Interestingly enough, I have mine turned all the way down to people only and it didn’t detect me driving down my driveway, but it still goes off when someone walks by 20 more feet away, outside the motion zone. What’s that all about?
It worked fine before. Put it back the way it was.

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed any difference/improvements on sensitivity or updates in the code? I increased my zone back to closer to what I had it to prior to this debacle, and I’ve noticed a more “normal” sensitivity, closer to what it was before the Octomber 15 firmware change. I was out shopping for a Nest device, but I’m wondering if they finally listened and made some changes.

The version I have right now is 1.16.00267. I thought I had noted the previous version, but I am not able to find it.

Anyone else?

I would also like to hear from the Ring Team when Updates are going to be preformed. Or have the ability to do them manually instead of having them Auto install. Can we also please get a history/dates of the updates made over the last several months and what changes were made?

1 Like

Mine is much better. I also changed my zone so the road isn’t in the motion zone. Now it’s great

Mine is still much more sensitive. Notability, it is picking up motion outside the motion zones.

2 Likes

Agreed. Nothing has changed for the better or the worse, even though I’ve readjusted the “zone” to include just a tiny area. Still receive false readings.

Glad that worked for you. I have reduced my zone to the wall on my porch only, so the size of a magazine, people only, just as it’s always been and it still goes off incessantly. You seem to be in the minority.

1 Like

Pretty sure we’re just getting a different brand.

Out of curiosity, what SW version do you have?

The device firmware? I don’t see the version anywhere. It just says “up to date” for device firmware, and from what I gather from a google search, if it is up to date, it won’t show the version number. Are you able to see what firmware you have?

My app software version is 5.19.1, but I don’t believe it’s the app that’s the issue. It would most likely be a firmware issue.

2 Likes

I agree! Firmware I have version 1.16.00267. I attached a screen shot

I received a replacement doorbell from Ring and installed it on Saturday. No change. I’m still getting false positives. This confirms that it’s not a hardware problem.

1 Like

Regarding Firmware, mine just says “up to date”. Is there a way to verify the actual version number?

1 Like

@howada1966 wrote:

Regarding Firmware, mine just says “up to date”. Is there a way to verify the actual version number?

If you go into Device Health, it will tell you your firmware version. mine says 1.16.00267.

For Ring App Version, you can go to “help” and see it at the bottom. Mine says 5.19.1

1 Like

Went there; it does not give me the version. Just says “up to date”. I am not finding what you are talking about under “help” under “device health” at all.

I suspected as much. Guess I’m going to be investing in Nest.