Ring Pro suddenly far more sensitive

@howada1966 wrote:

FYI. I called Ring at 1-800-656-1918 and explained the situation. They very quickly were able to confirm that my door bell is amongst a batch that “are not performing to Ring standards”. They are sending a replacement at no cost. I’m happy with this solution, but it does seem odd that it suddently started having this problem after almost 2 years. He didn’t provide any specific information, but Ring seems to know about this problem. It makes me think there was some kind of security breach and they’re keeping it quiet.

So I just contacted Ring support myself but did not get the same resolution you did. The representative walked me through the same “troubleshooting” steps, had me factory reset my Ring Pro etc. She then claimed that the latest firmware update made the motion detection “more advanced” and said that the false readings were caused by heat reflections bouncing off the wall. I told her that this ring had been working flawlessly for 2 years and was never affected by any “heat reflections” before Oct. 17th. I told her I was getting false motion detections even at 9:00 PM when there was no sun out to cause such reflections and that what was setting off the motion alert was in actuality a small cat weighing around 6 lbs. I asked her how this firmware could be considered “more advanced” if it was working fine before and now after this update can be fooled into a false alert by a small stray cat with the sensitivity set at “people only”. She then offered to send me a “corner kit” to remount my doorbell so that it is “pointing at the right angle”. I asked her if my device was improperly mounted for the past 2 years why would I only be getting these false motion alerts just now. She could not answer my question. So an hour on the phone and all she could do was escalate it to the “next level” technical support group. So no resolution, just an hour of my time wasted, and I am supposed to get an update in 24-48 hours. Very disappointed.

1 Like