Ring Pro suddenly far more sensitive

I posted "Please let me know if it is okay to reach out to you on the email address associated with your Community account as the team would like to see some recent examples. " Only one neighbor actually responded that it was ok for me to reach out. Therefore, I marked my response as a solution for the time being so hopefully neighbors on this thread allow us to investigate this in more detail and get the information we need.

You’re welcome to contact me by email.

You can contact me, I don’t have an issue with support reviewing the images/videos, I think today alone there were probably 15 or more alerts, unfortunately I deleted most of them, but I can be assured the will be plenty tomorrow.

Unlike before I would maybe get 1-2 alerts a day, and those were from headlights on cars, which I try to filter out with a mask.

I’m having this problem. Please contact me via my acct email.

I have the exact same experience. I have the setting at people only and now I am getting alerts everytime there is the slightest motion on the sidewalk in front of my house. Even if someone walks by on the sidewalk across the street, it’s picking it up and alerting me. Please let me know if you can help.

Forgot to add that it’s okay for Ring support to view my videos and/or reach out to me to solve this.

An actual solution would be nice. I have tried “redrawing” the settings but it does not seem to have fixed the problem.

What do you suggest?

My Ring Pro over the past week or so is suddenly much more sensitive and I have made no changes in the “sensitivity” or line of vision. It is going “off” every few minutes and my extreme “like” for the product is quickly turning to “dislike”. The problem seems to be magnified in the morning hours.

We are having the same issues as many others have already listed. The Ring was working perfectly for the past year and would only notify us if someone was in the driveway or on the porch (approximately less than 15 feet away). However, about a week ago we started receiving dozens of notifications per day and the camera was picking up all sorts of motion from much further distances (up to 50 feet away). I have confirmed that our settings have not changed and everything is on the lowest sensitivity. The notifications have become useless.

1 Like

The first moderator said to contact support, which I did.

I don’t know what more information can be provided other than what we reviwed that day.

Please don’t mark something as solved if it isn’t actually fixed.

We are having the exact same issue as others in this thread. Starting October 16, what used to be a 5 alerts per day have become more like 5 per hour. The Ring is set to the lowest sensitivity (even less than People Only) and still it goes off for things I can’t even see! Forcing an incredibly small motion zone or muting the alerts both miss the entire point of the doorbell. I would like to be contacted by email to have this problem resolved.

This isn’t fixed. Based on the number of people complaining about this, I would at least expect someone from Ring to acknowledge that there’s an issue and indicate that a fix is being developed. I haven’t seen that. I guess we all need to individually report this to support?

FYI. I called Ring at 1-800-656-1918 and explained the situation. They very quickly were able to confirm that my door bell is amongst a batch that “are not performing to Ring standards”. They are sending a replacement at no cost. I’m happy with this solution, but it does seem odd that it suddently started having this problem after almost 2 years. He didn’t provide any specific information, but Ring seems to know about this problem. It makes me think there was some kind of security breach and they’re keeping it quiet.

@howada1966 wrote:

FYI. I called Ring at 1-800-656-1918 and explained the situation. They very quickly were able to confirm that my door bell is amongst a batch that “are not performing to Ring standards”. They are sending a replacement at no cost. I’m happy with this solution, but it does seem odd that it suddently started having this problem after almost 2 years. He didn’t provide any specific information, but Ring seems to know about this problem. It makes me think there was some kind of security breach and they’re keeping it quiet.

So I just contacted Ring support myself but did not get the same resolution you did. The representative walked me through the same “troubleshooting” steps, had me factory reset my Ring Pro etc. She then claimed that the latest firmware update made the motion detection “more advanced” and said that the false readings were caused by heat reflections bouncing off the wall. I told her that this ring had been working flawlessly for 2 years and was never affected by any “heat reflections” before Oct. 17th. I told her I was getting false motion detections even at 9:00 PM when there was no sun out to cause such reflections and that what was setting off the motion alert was in actuality a small cat weighing around 6 lbs. I asked her how this firmware could be considered “more advanced” if it was working fine before and now after this update can be fooled into a false alert by a small stray cat with the sensitivity set at “people only”. She then offered to send me a “corner kit” to remount my doorbell so that it is “pointing at the right angle”. I asked her if my device was improperly mounted for the past 2 years why would I only be getting these false motion alerts just now. She could not answer my question. So an hour on the phone and all she could do was escalate it to the “next level” technical support group. So no resolution, just an hour of my time wasted, and I am supposed to get an update in 24-48 hours. Very disappointed.

1 Like

I am not able to see your solution on my smartphone. Can’t you just spell it out? I’m ready to disconnect Ring altogether.

1 Like

Yes, please reach out to me via email you have on file for me. This is maddening.

1 Like

This is also my problem too. It seems there was some update or my motion detection is broken.

yes! I have people only and it goes off as if i have it set the other way. I have tried everything to fix it within the app

yes

@Kaimos wrote:

@howada1966 wrote:

So I just contacted Ring support myself but did not get the same resolution you did. The representative walked me through the same “troubleshooting” steps, had me factory reset my Ring Pro etc. She then claimed that the latest firmware update made the motion detection “more advanced” and said that the false readings were caused by heat reflections bouncing off the wall. I told her that this ring had been working flawlessly for 2 years and was never affected by any “heat reflections” before Oct. 17th. I told her I was getting false motion detections even at 9:00 PM when there was no sun out to cause such reflections and that what was setting off the motion alert was in actuality a small cat weighing around 6 lbs. I asked her how this firmware could be considered “more advanced” if it was working fine before and now after this update can be fooled into a false alert by a small stray cat with the sensitivity set at “people only”. She then offered to send me a “corner kit” to remount my doorbell so that it is “pointing at the right angle”. I asked her if my device was improperly mounted for the past 2 years why would I only be getting these false motion alerts just now. She could not answer my question. So an hour on the phone and all she could do was escalate it to the “next level” technical support group. So no resolution, just an hour of my time wasted, and I am supposed to get an update in 24-48 hours. Very disappointed.

I did go to 2nd level, she reloaded my firmware from the October 15 date, but no changes. Now I’m just being asked to make my zone smaller and smaller and smaller so it doesn’t trigger for ANYTHING. I wish I could post a photo of what it was - before, and what they want me to do … which won’t even catch anyone approaching the door, only when they are right up on the porch, assuming they make a step into the area where the zone has been minimized to. But in my testing, there are now many blind spots due to the ever-decreasing zone.

1 Like