Ring Pro suddenly far more sensitive

Same issue here. The motion sensitivity has suddenly gotten annoyingly frequent. It used to detect only on the sidewalk coming up to my front door. Starting today it now triggers when anyone walks by in the street which is 30 feet or more from my front door. I have it on people only but it is going off so much it is about to be rendered useless. I bought a new Ring Doorbell Pro today to replace my current one due to power issues I have been having. My current Pro randomly shuts down and I have to take it off the wall, disconnect the wires and hook them back up to get it to reboot. (And yes I have a 16 vac 30VA transformer in the attic). I was going to install the new Doorbell Pro, but if this is the new norm for motion alerts I may return it and go another direction.

2 Likes

It’s still happening to me even though I have it set to lowest sensitivity.

1 Like

Jennifer, I would welcome getting some Technical Help on this issue. I can tell that Ring has done some oftware upgrades, because I got a notification that “with the new software,” so something has definately changed.

Please feel free to open a case on my behalf as I really am tired of getting so many alerts. It was working fine, then suddenly become hyper senstive, and even when I elminate the area where the alerts come from, it still goes off.

I thought I was going crazy, I have been trigger on every person walking their dog since the made this change… It is VERY annoying… It as if I almost have to disable the alerts which almost makes the camera useless unless someone rings the door bell. Please put back the old firmware. Or put a “hypersensitive” button that can be disabled.

2 Likes

I have the same problem and the slide is all the way towards people.

1 Like

I called support and spoke to Mia then Brittany in Level 2 support. I was told that there was a software update on Oct 15 that likely affected the sensitivity. They added a People Only option in addition to the slider.

I was basically walked through making my zone smaller and smaller and smaller, to where I hardly have any zone coverage at all. I’m not sure I like this idea as I was able to get people walking across the street toward the house, and now I might get people’s feet if they walk on the sidewalk in front of my house. Which seems a decrease in security. I am monitoring for now, but am not happy with this solution currently.

3 Likes

Same issue with all my Ring cameras! Just recently as well!

I am having the same problems and nothing is working. Please help…tired of the chimes every min

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

Thank you for this information, neighbors! Looks like there may have been some adjustments with our motion detection. Please let me know if it is okay to reach out to you on the email address associated with your Community account as the team would like to see some recent examples.

Yes, feel free to contact me in regards to this issue.

This issue is NOT solved… did someone get a fix?

1 Like

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

Thank you for this information, neighbors! Looks like there may have been some adjustments with our motion detection. Please let me know if it is okay to reach out to you on the email address associated with your Community account as the team would like to see some recent examples.

Jennifer, can you remark on this being marked as solved. I am still having the issue unless I make my zone very small. In this case, it doesn’t catch all the movement in front of my house. I just walked one way, then the other, and it only caught one of the directions on the same side walk.

1 Like

I also continue to have the same issue.

This problem is far from “solved.”

1 Like

I posted "Please let me know if it is okay to reach out to you on the email address associated with your Community account as the team would like to see some recent examples. " Only one neighbor actually responded that it was ok for me to reach out. Therefore, I marked my response as a solution for the time being so hopefully neighbors on this thread allow us to investigate this in more detail and get the information we need.

You’re welcome to contact me by email.

You can contact me, I don’t have an issue with support reviewing the images/videos, I think today alone there were probably 15 or more alerts, unfortunately I deleted most of them, but I can be assured the will be plenty tomorrow.

Unlike before I would maybe get 1-2 alerts a day, and those were from headlights on cars, which I try to filter out with a mask.

I’m having this problem. Please contact me via my acct email.

I have the exact same experience. I have the setting at people only and now I am getting alerts everytime there is the slightest motion on the sidewalk in front of my house. Even if someone walks by on the sidewalk across the street, it’s picking it up and alerting me. Please let me know if you can help.

Forgot to add that it’s okay for Ring support to view my videos and/or reach out to me to solve this.

An actual solution would be nice. I have tried “redrawing” the settings but it does not seem to have fixed the problem.

What do you suggest?

My Ring Pro over the past week or so is suddenly much more sensitive and I have made no changes in the “sensitivity” or line of vision. It is going “off” every few minutes and my extreme “like” for the product is quickly turning to “dislike”. The problem seems to be magnified in the morning hours.