Ring Pro suddenly far more sensitive

Mine has started to do this as well. It stared when we recently updated the app and doorbell software I believe. We have had it for approximately 2 years with no problems until the updates. It’s gone off 15 times since midnight (it’s now 4AM) and there is absolutely no motion- no cars, no people, no wind. We have sensor lights in the yard (not Ring) and they have not turned on. I reset the sensitivity and it will be okay for a day or so then it becomes uselessly over sensitive.

Ring, if you’re listening…please reverse everything you have done to make sensors more sensitive. You just messed things up.

1 Like

What firmware version did this change occur in?

I’m at v2.2.00097 as of 2/2020

I no longer have that only a sensitivity slider really upsets me

Hey Ring - is anyone out there reading this stuff? You really need to address this issue! I’m still getting more than 50 notifications a day - I’ve basically shut down notifications, so your device is doing me no good! Again, change things back to where they were before you screwed it up within the last couple of months! Also, have your senior management team attend some training on the importance of customer service!

5 Likes

Our Ring was doing the same as all the other complaints here. I do not believe it has to do with sensor range at all. I replaced my battery, hit the reset button, rang the doorbell, and have had no problems/false notifications for 2 days. Worth a try, and you will certainly sleep better. Hope this works for you.

I have a Ring Pro; it is hardwired and has no internal battery. Checking device health in the app shows that everything is running fine. Too bad it’s not operating fine (still capturing every single movement with 50-60 motion detections per day vs the 10-15 we used to get with the same settings. Ring messed something up and unfortunately is too lame to admit it or fix it. We’re installing a new device (not a Ring).

1 Like

Please let me know what device you decide to go with as I have been ready to switch as well.

Once a purchase is made and installed I’ll let you know the results. Just started looking into alternatives; both the Arlo and the Nest Hello get realy good reviews from reputsable sources (including PCMag and and cnet). Before I make the jump I’ll be checking out the c ustomer service reviews for the alterntives as well (don’t want to end up with another useless customer service team like the one supporting Ring customers).

These doorbells are complete junk now!!! Mine is doing the exact thing! I’m putting a normal security camera at my front door and going back to the good old reliable, old fashioned door bell! I went with the Wayze Camera, they are amazing!!! And fairly cheap! It’s installed low enough to see faces but high enough to not be tampered with, I have a window beside my front door so it can even be put inside. Get rid of these stupid ring doorbells! RING is not doing a thing to help fix the problem!!!

I’ve done what you have suggested RING, nothing works!!! These doorbells are junk!!!

I changed my settings to people mode and it still is way sensitive

I had to turn my off this is crazy!!! Its all day going off and ignored the disabling settings. Weird!

Its crazy! Even disabling the settings it was going off !!!

Please let me know because its driven me crazy all day ignoring all settings. Crazy!!

Me too !!!

…and I really appreciate the response from Ring… Their response has been deafening. (said in jest) Past communications have only been platitudes and none of their so-called fixes have worked. I would need to stand on a ladder 24-7 and try all their combinations of solutions, to no avail, Yesterday, the driveway camera was going off every 3 to 4 seconds, even when silencing it.

Ring, what say you? Have you gone out of business?

Ring sucks. First attempt to contact them about this issue was three months ago. That attempt and all that followed have either gone unanswered or offered no solution. I found a solution that finally fixed the issue - I ripped the piece of crap off of the wall! Stop searching for a solution - you’re not going to get a response. Ring f’d up a really cool device and they have no clue as to how to fix it. Time to move on.

Thank you for these examples and sharing your feedback, neighbors. In our efforts to better our motion detection performance, we rolled out an improvement to our powered devices designed to make your motion detection more accurate. With this improvement, you may have noticed an increase of motion alerts. Don’t worry- simple adjustments will help get you the notifications that matter! Although our cameras are not as accurate in detecting motion as the human eye, improvements like this will certainly help lower the number of false alerts.

If you’re receiving too many alerts, follow these helpful tips:

-Ensure that the sensitivity slider is set to ‘People Only’

-Create one zone that covers the area you’d like to be notified about. No need to draw a zone over the entire screen or multiple zones that lay on top of another. Just include the area of land for which you wish to receive notifications.

Have a nearby tree that alerts you of motion too often? Go ahead and exclude the tree from your motion zones. This will greatly improve the number of recurring motion alerts you receive from this one area.

Keep in mind, it may take testing out a few different zones (even blocking out zones) to find the best ones for you and your home. If you require further assistance, feel free to share a photo of how you have your motion zones. We would love to help!

Please also be mindful of the Community Guidelines when responding.