Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Pro stopped connecting

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Pro stopped connecting

Hi all-

My Ring Pro decided to disconnect so I went through the setup process, but it's still not working.   I am now connected to the smartphone app and the Device Health reports voltage as "Good", Signal Strength is -42 and firmware is 1.16.00263.  

All that said, the doorbell doesn't work.  I can't connect to the Live View and it doesn't record anything.  

Has anyone run into this?

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Pro stopped connecting

Hi,

I have the same issue, was working fine for the last 3 weeks then suddenly no connection to wi-fi,I've done all the checks and resets but still refuses to connect. Hope someone has an answer.

Jimmy

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have to run set-up every day! Wish there were an answer.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Sorry to see all of you experiencing connection concerns. The first thing we suggest checking is the RSSI, in your Doorbell Pro's Device Health, in the Ring app. Check out our Community guide to learn more on how to obtain good signal strength.

@james1803  as you mentioned having a good RSSI, I recommend also ensuring your Pro is connected to 2.4 Ghz Wifi versus the 5 Ghz frequency, for a more dependable connection.

If connection concerns persist, the next best thing to check would be power which can also be seen in your Pro's Device Health, in the app.  Please let us know how this goes Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks for the reply.

My Voltage reports "Good" in device health and the device it connected to the 2.4  Ghz Wifi.  The Health check is succeeding (last check was 2 mins ago).  So everything seems good, but trying to connect to live view just says "Activating Device..." for about a minute and then "Live View Ended" without ever connecting.  Is there something else to try?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

James,

I am having the same issue, I hope you get it resolved. I have had mine installed for almost a year and it appears that now for some reason or another it is not getting enough power. I took it down yesterday and charged it. There is a hidden mico usb port on the left side, it hasn't seemed to remedy my issue though as one day later I am back in the same situation where it refuses to connect. Mine is now reading 3557 mV in the reported voltage.

Thank you,

Cameron

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same problem.  

Ring Pro Doorbell and Wifi environment hasn't changed in the last 12 months.  Pro disconnects repeatedly.  Feels like a firwamre upgrade or something else that is causing the problem. When connected I have RSSI-42 and "Good" voltage. Firmware is "Up to Date"

Highlighted
Community Manager

@james1803  and @racerx1492 with your device health showing sufficient readings, I recommend contacting our support team for more in depth and isolated troubleshooting to resolve this concern.

@longcj2  for power concerns, the following variables are best to check: 

• Transformer rating and age
  • Wire gauge (too thin or thick)
  • Length of wire run
  • Number of chime kits sharing power
  • Connection at the Ring Pro is free of debris/ corrosion.
  • Proper chime kit is selected in the app (mechanical, digital, none)

For more tips and tricks on troubleshooting power, visit this help center article, or reach out to our support team at 800-656-1918. I hope this helps Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

As an update for those with similar problems.  I spent an hour working with a tech support person from Ring.  They were helpful and we tested various Internet connectivity scenarios, I sent pictures of my installation, etc.  They made comments like "you need to get a professional electrician out to check your transformer," BUT at the end of the back and forth they sent me a replacement device.  I installed the device and all is well again. 

Again, my device had been working for 9+months before it stopped connecting.  It would be helpful for Ring to have better on device diagnostics for situations like this rather than blaming the guage of my electrical wire, the transformer voltage, etc..

Highlighted

RIDICULOUS! I just got off the phone with tech support. He knew exactly what the issue was without doing any diagnostics. There was an upgrade and I have an “old power kit” and need a new one. He asked for a photo to co firm. I asked why it had to be replaced when it was working fine without needing an update. He gave me some crap about needing to update because they need to keep up with internet service providers. I explained that has ZERO to do with the fact that my ring pro no longer has power. He said he will send me a new one, no charge. I asked who was going to install it and if they would cover the cost of an electrician coming out. He laughed and said I could do it myself and that it was easy. I said I had one arm and was afraid of heights and electricity. He stopped laughing. I never laughed. This is a disappointing way to treat customers. I have been without a doorbell since 11/11 and will be without a doorbell for another week while I wait for it to arrive and find the time to get it installed. This should have been an OPTION for customer, not pushed on us with no notice. I am one very unhappy customer.
/* */