Ring Pro stopped connecting

I have to run set-up every day! Wish there were an answer.

1 Like

Sorry to see all of you experiencing connection concerns. The first thing we suggest checking is the RSSI, in your Doorbell Pro’s Device Health, in the Ring app. Check out our Community guide to learn more on how to obtain good signal strength.

@james1803 as you mentioned having a good RSSI, I recommend also ensuring your Pro is connected to 2.4 Ghz Wifi versus the 5 Ghz frequency, for a more dependable connection.

If connection concerns persist, the next best thing to check would be power which can also be seen in your Pro’s Device Health, in the app. Please let us know how this goes :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply.

My Voltage reports “Good” in device health and the device it connected to the 2.4 Ghz Wifi. The Health check is succeeding (last check was 2 mins ago). So everything seems good, but trying to connect to live view just says “Activating Device…” for about a minute and then “Live View Ended” without ever connecting. Is there something else to try?

3 Likes

James,

I am having the same issue, I hope you get it resolved. I have had mine installed for almost a year and it appears that now for some reason or another it is not getting enough power. I took it down yesterday and charged it. There is a hidden mico usb port on the left side, it hasn’t seemed to remedy my issue though as one day later I am back in the same situation where it refuses to connect. Mine is now reading 3557 mV in the reported voltage.

Thank you,

Cameron

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

Ring Pro Doorbell and Wifi environment hasn’t changed in the last 12 months. Pro disconnects repeatedly. Feels like a firwamre upgrade or something else that is causing the problem. When connected I have RSSI-42 and “Good” voltage. Firmware is “Up to Date”

1 Like

@james1803 and @racerx1492 with your device health showing sufficient readings, I recommend contacting our support team for more in depth and isolated troubleshooting to resolve this concern.

@longcj2 for power concerns, the following variables are best to check:

• Transformer rating and age
  • Wire gauge (too thin or thick)
  • Length of wire run
  • Number of chime kits sharing power
  • Connection at the Ring Pro is free of debris/ corrosion.
  • Proper chime kit is selected in the app (mechanical, digital, none)

For more tips and tricks on troubleshooting power, visit this help center article, or reach out to our support team at 800-656-1918. I hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

As an update for those with similar problems. I spent an hour working with a tech support person from Ring. They were helpful and we tested various Internet connectivity scenarios, I sent pictures of my installation, etc. They made comments like “you need to get a professional electrician out to check your transformer,” BUT at the end of the back and forth they sent me a replacement device. I installed the device and all is well again.

Again, my device had been working for 9+months before it stopped connecting. It would be helpful for Ring to have better on device diagnostics for situations like this rather than blaming the guage of my electrical wire, the transformer voltage, etc…

6 Likes

RIDICULOUS! I just got off the phone with tech support. He knew exactly what the issue was without doing any diagnostics. There was an upgrade and I have an “old power kit” and need a new one. He asked for a photo to co firm. I asked why it had to be replaced when it was working fine without needing an update. He gave me some crap about needing to update because they need to keep up with internet service providers. I explained that has ZERO to do with the fact that my ring pro no longer has power. He said he will send me a new one, no charge. I asked who was going to install it and if they would cover the cost of an electrician coming out. He laughed and said I could do it myself and that it was easy. I said I had one arm and was afraid of heights and electricity. He stopped laughing. I never laughed. This is a disappointing way to treat customers. I have been without a doorbell since 11/11 and will be without a doorbell for another week while I wait for it to arrive and find the time to get it installed. This should have been an OPTION for customer, not pushed on us with no notice. I am one very unhappy customer.

1 Like

The power kit has nothing to do with internet providers. It only helps power the Ring Pro.
I’m guessing you had the original power kit. But now they have a newer model. So your old kit died and they’re giving you a free newer kit. They new kit is easier to install as well. Turn off power, access your doorbell ( can’t be too high on a wall) loosen 2 screws and then attach. Tighten 2 screws and put cover on. Turn on power and you’re done.
If it’s true that you have one arm and or scared of doing it. You’re going to have to have someone replace the unit just like when you had it installed. Things do break but you didn’t get a free installation when your purchased it, so you won’t get free installation now.

I agree that one has nothing to do with the other; that was my point! The tech said that there was a firmware update to the system and that the old kit would no longer work so I must have the new one. THAT is what angers me. He said he could see if he could roll back the firmware update so the old kit would continue to work but couldn’t confirm that the firmware update wouldn’t be pushed again. I paid an electrician the first time and it was working until the firmware update was pushed so now I am forced to pay again. This is unacceptable.

@Ringcustomersinceday wrote:
I agree that one has nothing to do with the other; that was my point! The tech said that there was a firmware update to the system and that the old kit would no longer work so I must have the new one. THAT is what angers me. He said he could see if he could roll back the firmware update so the old kit would continue to work but couldn’t confirm that the firmware update wouldn’t be pushed again. I paid an electrician the first time and it was working until the firmware update was pushed so now I am forced to pay again. This is unacceptable.

I don’t know why they said anything about a firmware update involving the Ring power kit since there is no firmware to update. But there was a firmware update to doorbells it seems recently. Maybe he thought that caused your doorbell to stop working. Then I could understand trying to roll it back or reinstall the firmware since he could do this on his end. I think he then determined it was not the firmware so the next step would be to check the power.

I’ve been seeing all the posts here since I found this community a few months ago. I have not seen any posts or threads about damaged power kits with the firmware update. There are reports of the sensitivity being much more frequent though since the update.

Ring personnel should be back on here Monday. Maybe they might have some helpful information that I don’t have. I hope everything works out for you though.

And I do understand your frustration. Tech gets me mad quite often when it just stops working. There ends up being a lot of work sometimes to get it running again.

Apologies for not being clearer. This is a synopsis of the call:

Me: my doorbell pro stopped connecting to WiFi and I am unable to reconnect it. There are no lights when I hit the reset button.
Tech: ah. I am pretty sure I know what it is. I am going to send you an email and I want you to send me a picture of the box that makes the ding-dong noise (I am not kidding. This is what he said, as if I’m an ■■■■■)
Me: I have taken the cover off and have taken the picture and sent it
Tech: is it grey and orange?
Me: yes
Tech: there was a firmware update and that is the old power kit. It will no longer work. I will send you a new one.
And so on…

There was no determination that my ring doorbell was broken or that my power was broken or that anything else was broken. He ONLY said it was the firmware update and that it would no longer work because of the update. He did NOT rollback the update because he could not confirm that it would not be updated again.

2 Likes

Wow, that was odd. If that was the case many would be here receiving the same answer. I’m sure there are lots of people still using the old kit and they come here to vent. So based on that information, I too would be upset. It’s him saying we broke it and you have to fix it. But I do think he is wrong to have stated that. I would recommend you wait for the Ring people on her to come back tomorrow. Let them look into this. Thanks for explaining it in detail.

I have read all the replies, mine was working great since I set it up then stopped working for a week then after troubleshooting myself and getting frustrated is started working out of the blue, now its been 10 days and nothing I do , utilizing every suggestion on the community and ring. Is Tech support the best bet?

what is strange is I also have the motion detector light and camera and have NEVER had any issues.

1 Like

I am having the same issue.

1 Like

Hi,

I called Ring support about my issue and they sent me a new Ring Pro as it appeared mine had an issue. I have to tell you I was impressed by the customer service and learned some new “tricks” if this ever happens again. But they were great in sending me a new one and it connected right away. Give Ring Support a call.

Hello, I am having the same issues. Tested everything you have mentioned and even went as far as the remove device and restart set up. This was previously working fine.

It will not see its own network anymore to reset this up.

My ring has stopped working after a year of service and I spent the whole day going through all the checks and balances to get it back running again and nothing is working. After reading all responses on here I will call the tech support and I hope this works otherwise I will cancel my subscription and go somewhere else for my services.

As is listed here, my device stopped working. Health check said power was good, but devise was not responsive and Pressing the side, “reset” button did not have any effect. Customer support had me hold the reset button down for 20 seconds and it did not revive the unit. I then did my own trial, and applied the iPhone type reset- By pressing and holding the Side Reset button AND the doorbell button at the same time, for 20 seconds, my Ring Doorbell came back to life! All good.

My ring stop working