Ring Pro lower than expected resolution?

I’ve had a ring pro for about 3 months. I’m not thrilled with the resolution I’m getting during the day. I see posts by Ring users and the resolution seems very crisp and clear; however, when I look at what I’m getting it seems much lower. Thoughts?

https://ring.com/share/5c4321a3-b660-4ea9-aa40-75b1daac9e83

Both WiFi and voltage are shown as good. 200/200MB to the house and wifi gets five green dots in the mac app. Power is Good/4000mV RSSI -52. Doorbell is about 10 feet from wireless router. Looks like the Ring Pro mostly connects to our 5Ghz network.

1 Like

Hi @HoyaHokie. Thank you for sharing your video for an example! Our Ring Pro is capable of recording in 1080p HD with 15 FPS. Depending on connection speeds, it is possible for it to record in 720p. The video you shared does seem to be on par with what is expected of the Ring Pro recording quality. If you would like someone to take a deeper look into your video quality, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for the response. I spoke with Ring support, and we are trying a wedge kit to take the auto focus off of the door handle in the lower right corner. Support confirmed connectivity and power are very strong.

1 Like