Ring Pro loses Wi-Fi after a few minutes

Installed my ring pro last night and managed to get it working but went offline after about 5mins.

It won’t reconnect automatically and I’ve reconnected it well over a dozen times and each time it goes offline between a few minutes up to 10minutes.

Transformer was 4039mv and Wi-Fi signal is good. Have Virgin Hub 3 with a BT Home Wi-Fi system around the house to boost the signal.

Don’t have the pro power kit installed. Took the guts out my old Deta doorbell, wired the transformer and then it’s wired direct to the Ring Pro using the blue/white and orange/white cabling.

Any ideas before I revert to the old bell? Thanks in advance

Hey @Scosha. This may be a problem due to the Pro Power Kit not being installed, even though it is directly to the transformer. The Pro Power Kit is always needed for the installation, as you will see in the wiring diagrams here. I recommend ensuring you install this with the Pro Power Kit, and if you still cannot get the Doorbell to stay connected, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for the reply.

Added in the power pack, checked all the cable connections again and tested the Wi-Fi.

Still the same issue of losing the Wi-Fi connection after a few minutes

Thank you for checking on the power variables @Scosha! The best next step is to check your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

If the RSSI is plenty sufficient, please ensure the Video Doorbell Pro is connecting to your network via the 2.4 Ghz channel frequency, rather than the 5 Ghz. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: