Ring Pro cracked button

Is there a way to fix a cracked door bell button? our delivery drivers for various packaging companies have strong fingers it seems.

20 Likes

I have the same issue. Hope there is a replacement button available.

13 Likes

My button cracked as well. They told me out of warranty. Seems like poor workmanship to me.

14 Likes

I agree, the most used part is not replaceable? I’ll be looking for the first HomeKit compatible doorbell when ring pro fails and it will when moister gets into that crack.

9 Likes

I have this issue as well. How do we fix this?

7 Likes

This is caused from direct sun on older units with no heatsinks, the new RingPro have a heatsink.

Mine is cracked in the same place.

3 Likes

Mine is also cracked. There should be an easy replacement for a plastic cap, but chat says the whole unit needs to be replaced.

I’m not sure I want to invest in another one if that’s going to happen.

5 Likes

$249 doorbell should last longer than 2 years. Nowhere does it say that the button may not last if exposed to the hot sun. It’s a product marketed to be used in the outdoors. This is a design flaw that the company is refusing to address. And they are offering no solution to customers except to buy a new one with $100 discount. All the money in the world and this is how Amazon treats people.

16 Likes

At this time, there is no way to fix just the button the Ring Pro. You will need to call support for further assistance. As always, we will send your feedback to the team.

2 Likes

I just noticed today that my Ring Pro has a crack in the button as well. This is certainly a design flaw in that it was not tested properly to withstand the sun. My regular doorbell was there for 13 years without cracking. I agree they should make these Ring buttons to last longer then under 2 years. I’m pretty sure that my warranty is up.

4 Likes

@Ag1 wrote:

My button cracked as well. They told me out of warranty. Seems like poor workmanship to me.

I Agree. Ring needs to test what happens when people push the doorbell button with their thumb-nail or fingernail instead of their thumb or finger.

The damage in the pics does not look like pure heat-induced splitting, but more like pressure-induced splitting caused by possibly a finger-nail on already degrading material.

3 Likes

Agreed this is a problem. Installed my new one 13 months ago and the button is cracked. They offered me $100 off another new one but if it only last 13 months would much rather try a competitor first. Thank goodness I found out about this before Black Monday as I was going to purchase multiple security lights/cameras to go with the doorbell. Time for more research for alternatives.

3 Likes

I have the same crack in my doorbell as well and currently the ring doorbell is not working. It is also only 2 yrs old. My Ring doorbell never gets direct sunlight or excessive heat.

6 Likes

Same here, I find kind of unacceptable to have this issue after before 2 years that I bought the product. It was no “cheap” almost $200. So Ring want me to spend another $200 for another doorbell that needs to be replaced again in another 1 year and 8 months?

Unbelievable :frowning:

4 Likes

Same for my Ring Elite. Its less than a year old and just noticed it today. I bought the Elite since its direct wired, but there is no way I’m buying another $500 doorbell to replace this one.

5 Likes

I just discovered that the button on my ring doorbell pro is cracked (it faces late afternoon sun) and it does not connect to wifi anymore. Spending 200 for a product that does not last 18 months is not a wise investment. The 12 doorbell it replaced lasted 16 years and was still functioning. I am very disappointed and am now questioning the robustness of the ring doorbell pro.

5 Likes

The same here. After about 12 months the button has cracked. Ring Support indicates as the unit is out of warranty (October 2018 purchase), so I am out of luck. Not good for their premium doorbell camera model.

3 Likes

My unit also has a cracked button. It still works for now, but I’m concerned about viability over time…

2 Likes

If you have a 3D printer, or know someone that does, I designed a posted a replacement button: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4052883

13 Likes

Any pointers to 3D printer enthusiasts that print and sell?

Thanks for stepping up in the case where Ring will not.

6 Likes