cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Pro cracked button

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Pro cracked button

Thanks CodeMonkey! I used your suggestion & ordered one from MakeXYZ. Thankyou for your contributions!!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Happy to help.  In case I didn't post these earlier.  Here is my printed button replacement and installed on my ring pro. I only used "clear" PETG since that what was already loaded on one of my printers.  PETG comes in a large variety of colors so you could do Black or whatever suits your fancy.  Clear also let me see some of the interior structure of the print and will help indicate if there's an internal failure over time so I can make adjustments to my design in the future if needed.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Based on another comment in this forum, I called Ring support even though my ring doorbell pro was out of warranty. They were phenomenal in listening to my complaint about the cracked button and non-responsive ring doorbell pro at 17 months. They graciously agreed to exchange my doorbell after a brief discussion and receiving photos of the cracked button.

The replacement arrived in a few days, and I installed it right away. The new version included the angle mount with a different screw layout than the after market one I bought with my first ring doorbell pro. The replacement unit itself looked like it had a built-in heat sink on its backside. The screws supplied with the replacement unit to mount it on the angle mount were to thin to properly fit the old after market angle mount. I ended up re-drilling holes and mounting the replacement's angle mount and covering up the old raw plugs as best I could.  The rest of the install and setup were as before and worked perfectly. 

I am very pleased that Ring stood behind their product and replaced my broken ring doorbell pro. I am also hopeful that the replacement ring door bell pro will last a bit longer then the one it replaced based on the visual differences in the two versions. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I am glad Ring was responsive for you. Not the case for me. I spent a good 30 minutes with the support representative, providing all the requested infomration, including MAC address and photos. They declined to replace the defective unit repeatedly stating they had no descretion in the matter when the unit is out of warranty. Obviously you found an agent who somehow had discretion.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I finally got them to replace mine after 3 previous failed attempts. My ring pro also developed a cracked button. I just realized this morning that being a protect plus subscriber covers all devices under an extended warranty and had to bring that to their attention. This info should already be in their system, but apparently the customer has to make them aware of it or they'll just keep giving you the runaround. Hopefully this helps anyone who is having the same issue.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks for the info about the Protect Plus! They approved my replacement instantly!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Glad to help PlumberMike!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am glad you said something about the Ring Protect Plus Plan. I got it for the video storage but becasue I had it they are sending me a replacement Ring Pro Doorbell becasue of the cracked button. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just talked to them and after sending a picture of the cracked button I was told that my only option was to buy another doorbell and that he would give me a discount. Pitiful. Glad that you got another one though.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same problem. It’s unacceptable that a $250 doorbell will not last a year of normal residential use.
/* */