Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Pro cracked button

Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Re: Ring Pro cracked button

@Ag wrote:

My button cracked as well. They told me out of warranty. Seems like poor workmanship to me. 

I Agree. Ring needs to test what happens when people push the doorbell button with their thumb-nail or fingernail instead of their thumb or finger.

The damage in the pics does not look like pure heat-induced splitting, but more like pressure-induced splitting caused by possibly a finger-nail on already degrading material.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Agreed this is a problem.  Installed my new one 13 months ago and the button is cracked. They offered me $100 off another new one but if it only last 13 months would much rather try a competitor first. Thank goodness I found out about this before Black Monday as I was going to purchase multiple security lights/cameras to go with the doorbell. Time for more research for alternatives. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same crack in my doorbell as well and currently the ring doorbell is not working. It is also only 2 yrs old. My Ring doorbell never gets direct sunlight or excessive heat.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same here, I find kind of unacceptable to have this issue after before 2 years that I bought the product. It was no "cheap" almost $200. So Ring want me to spend another $200 for another doorbell that needs to be replaced again in another 1 year and 8 months?

Unbelievable Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same for my Ring Elite. Its less than a year old and just noticed it today. I bought the Elite since its direct wired, but there is no way I'm buying another $500 doorbell to replace this one.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just discovered that the button on my ring doorbell pro is cracked (it faces late afternoon sun) and it does not connect to wifi anymore. Spending $200 for a product that does not last 18 months is not a wise investment. The 12$ doorbell it replaced lasted 16 years and was still functioning.  I am very disappointed and am now questioning the robustness of the ring doorbell pro.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

The same here. After about 12 months the button has cracked. Ring Support indicates as the unit is out of warranty (October 2018 purchase), so I am out of luck. Not good for their premium doorbell camera model.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My unit also has a cracked button. It still works for now, but I’m concerned about viability over time...
Highlighted
New Neighbor

If you have a 3D printer, or know someone that does, I designed a posted a replacement button:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4052883

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Any pointers to 3D printer enthusiasts that print and sell?

Thanks for stepping up in the case where Ring will not.

/* */