cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Pro cracked button

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Pro cracked button

Is there a way to fix a cracked door bell button? our delivery drivers for various packaging companies have strong fingers it seems.

74 REPLIES 74
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Pro cracked button

I have the same issue.  Hope there is a replacement button available.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My button cracked as well. They told me out of warranty. Seems like poor workmanship to me. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I agree, the most used part is not replaceable? I’ll be looking for the first HomeKit compatible doorbell when ring pro fails and it will when moister gets into that crack.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have this issue as well.  How do we fix this?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is caused from direct sun on older units with no heatsinks, the new RingPro have a heatsink.

Mine is cracked in the same place.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Mine is also cracked. There should be an easy replacement for a plastic cap, but chat says the whole unit needs to be replaced.

I'm not sure I want to invest in another one if that's going to happen.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

$249 doorbell should last longer than 2 years. Nowhere does it say that the button may not last if exposed to the hot sun. It's a product marketed to be used in the outdoors. This is a design flaw that the company is refusing to address. And they are offering no solution to customers except to buy a new one with $100 discount. All the money in the world and this is how Amazon treats people.
Highlighted
Community Manager

At this time, there is no way to fix just the button the Ring Pro. You will need to call support for further assistance. As always, we will send your feedback to the team. 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just noticed today that my Ring Pro has a crack in the button as well. This is certainly a design flaw in that it was not tested properly to withstand the sun. My regular doorbell was there for 13 years without cracking. I agree they should make these Ring buttons to last longer then under 2 years. I’m pretty sure that my warranty is up.
/* */