Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Pro cracked button

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Pro cracked button

Could someone who doesn’t have the protection plan simply add it now and call up to get a replacement ?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Anyone in the USA have any extra 3d printed buttons I could buy ? Please reply here. Thanks
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I tried that pitch (i.e." how about I join Ring Protect now") and you send me a replacement. This was denied.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I decided not to even call as my ring is 3 years old. I messaged 2 different people about buying a 3d printed button and got results! should have it in the mail in a few days. My other option ws to take the 3d button file and order one myself online as directed - would have done this if i did not get a response. will follow up once i get it and install it.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

AGREED.
Mine I just over 1 year and cracked right down the middle
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I decided while i wait for my 3d printed button to arrive in the mail i would call ring just for the slim chance they are willing to replace my 3 year old out of warenty without the ring protect service.....THEY DID! idk how or why, but the lady i spoke with was super nice - even said that shes sees im out of warenty but as this is a safety concern she will do a replacement. She tried to process it and hit a roadblock (prob bec out of warenty) but put me on hold and spoke with a supervisor. Came back and asked me to email them a picture of the broken device and then processed it.
Im shocked as there are people in this thread that claim they were told many times once out of warenty they wont help and at best offer a 35% discount to rebuy a new one.

Highlighted
Community Moderator

Thank you for coming back to share your results with the Community! It is great to see that you were able to find a solution through support, and receive a replacement.

For other neighbors who are experiencing this concern, or have not reached out to support yet, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Feel free to also check out our warranty page, as well as information on Protect Plus subscriptions and extending warranty. 

@kivi12k, you might notice your post is edited. As the Ring Community is a peer to peer forum, accessible by all neighbors, we ask to not sell anything or make any personal information available in this public space. At Ring we value your security and your privacy. Please read our Community Guidelines to ensure we are making the Community the best it can be for all neighbors. Thanks again! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

The moderators will surely remove any information I post here but you can find my design and one or two others on sites such as Thingiverse or MyMiniFactory (someone else's).  You can then take those files and try various sites that will offer printing services or you can DM myself via those other sites to see about getting a hold of stock that I've printed already.  Wish I could be more direct but the moderators have obviously been hard at work recently.  Which I guess is a good thing that they are finally taking notice of the issue.  But it's also why I love 3D printing and design since I can just work up a model and itterate it until it's solve the problem.  Thanks again to all who have already ordered buttons from myself and anyone else who's taken the time to help the community address this issue.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Great video. Looking at your video, are you absolutely sure you need to disassemble the unit? It seems to be replaceable from the outside but I might be wrong!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Interesting question @RodDiaz. What I don't detail in the video is how the new button actually clips on, because I'd already completed that off camera and didn't want to risk damaging my new button, but the tolerances on parts are very tight - the old button takes some manipulation to take off, and the new one clicks into place very tightly.

If the old button had completely cracked right across its diameter so that it detached from the sprung base and could be pulled out from the front, you *might* be able to squeeze the new button on from the front. Would certainly reduce the risk and effort! Let us know if you do try.