Ring Pro cracked button

If you pay for the cloud service, this increases your warranty by 12 months.

Unfortunately I join the long list of people who have this same problem, and I’ve had my Ring doorbell pro for just over 2 years. I noticed a split when I reset the doorbell after changing my wifi router. So disappointed. My cheap and cheerful old doorbell lasted over 20 years! Would be grateful for a solution… I am based in the UK.

1 Like

Add my name to this very long unhappy customer list here. My button crack after ~2 years. I called Ring support and after 20mins, I got 35% off discounted rate as a joke. I’m very disappointed.

Come on Ring, do the decent thing and replace these defective products that we paid for.

2 Likes

I called support and they told me they don’t sell replacement buttons for the Ring Pro. Please advise.

Same here. Same doorbell same crack exactly I the same spot!!!

1 Like

Hi neighbors - please reach out to our support team in regards to the cracked button your Ring Pro may have. Your happiness and overall satisfaction with Ring is our top priority and we are dedicated to ensuring your device is up and running to its full potential. As always, please let the Community team know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Update as of 9/4/2020: Thank you for your feedback and information you have provided over this time, neighbors. For now, I have accepted this response as a solution. This is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to know the proper next steps to reach a resolution. If you have a cracked button on your Doorbell Pro, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Thank you, neighbors.

3 Likes

Exactly same problem. Paid 200gbp for installation and pro unit. And extra 40 for extra chime extender as poor wifi health also. And now I’m told I need to repurchase the whole thing? This is just scamming my money. My old mechanic door bell lasted 30 years. ?

2 Likes

Update: just goes to show - don’t trust what you read on forums. I called customer service and since I subscribe to the security monitoring protection plan ($100 / yr) all my ring devices are covered while subscribed. So they are shipping me out a replacement tonight. Also, the devices replaced are covered for a year or for as longs as you have the protection plan. Ring ???

ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW
Jennifer would have someone reach out to me? I’ve been a ring security subscriber for two years and this is truly unacceptable for a $250 device that is supposed to be always on and outdoors. I have always recommended Ring to friend and family (at least a dozen) but this new problem is very troubling - especially hearing that replacements are not being offered but rather a $100 credit (40% of the original cost).

1 Like

Hi Jennifer,

I have the same issue with my Vidoe Doorbell Pro button being cracked, but in addition to this, the clear plastic/perpex that covers the actual camera seems to also be cracking from where the button is located.

I’d appreciate any assistance as to how I can get replacement parts, options, etc?

Many thanks.

2 Likes

Hi,

after getting the same “discount” response in the UK (very poor ring), as mine was out of warranty I decided to look for a replacement button online and found one on https://www.myminifactory.com

You can search for ring pro and purchase this file then send it to a 3d printing company and they made it for me for £10 - including delivery.

I am not paying for a new doorbell after 2 yearsno way!

good luck all

1 Like

I have a Ring Doorbell Pro that is in the shade all day long and whose button is now cracked. It is just over a year old. I will not be replacing it with another Ring product – it’s 100% unacceptable that the only moving part of the unit cannot be replaced. Ring, your SaaS business will not last if the value of the subscription depends on poor equipment. You need the doorbell to be rock solid, so we keep paying the monthly or yearly subscription fees. There are too many other options now and in the near future for you to risk ARR on this.

3 Likes

I now also have the same issue. The button is cracked. With winter upcoming, the mosture from snow, I am worried it wont last. I currently only have the protection basic plan, but thinking about dropping that now that the device is subject to be replaced. If Ring cant provide a good fix, going to change brands and move to another product. No use in paying for a protection yearly plan and still require to buy a new unit for an issue the conpany knows is faulty.

2 Likes

Exact same issue as others here. Totally useless warranty. I’m going to ditch this $250 doorbell for Nest. I called up support just like all these posts says and they tell me they can do nothing for me. It’s on a covered porch and 2 years old. LIke many others, my old doorbell was 20 years old and still worked when I removed to put this thing on there. I’ve been very happy with Ring thus far. Sad they don’t stand behind their products and just tell me to go scratch when I called customer service.

2 Likes

Saying “Call Us” is the solution is disingenuous and a disservice to your many loyal customers. For those following this thread we all know your answer is “too bad”, buy another unit if it is outside the standard warranty period. In addition, why would someone buy a replacement given you have made no statements that you have corrected the problem in your currently shipping products?

Sincerely,

A disappointed Ring Customer.

2 Likes

My ring doorbell is also cracked just got off the phone with customer service and they could care less! You have to buy a new complete doorbell system they do not just replace the button!!! This is a known problem and they are not willing to fix the problem!

2 Likes

I am in the same situation. Out of warranty and been told to get a whole new unit with no sign that this fault has been remediate with the the latest model

3 Likes

I would happy paint for a replacement button than a complete new unit. Let me know how you wish to proceed

1 Like

Codemonkey I am too sufferering with an out of warranty ring pro cracked button and would like to purchase a replacement button than a whole new unit … can you help please

1 Like

I just spoke with Customer Service and they are making it right. Kudos, indeed.

Was you Ring still under the 1 year warranty?