Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Pro cracked button

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Pro cracked button

Hi Benramadan,

Sent you a message. If you have any buttons left I’d like to get one.

Thanks!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My ring doorbell isn’t even a year used. After a very hot day for a couple of days I’ve seen a crack on the button. It is definitely a design flaw. I don’t understand that Ring does not want to recognise this issue while I see 14 pages of people complaining about it. A button on a doorbell needs to be durable. This one is obviously not. This is a very bad quality button. Ring needs to recognise the complaints and needs to send people with these issues a new spare button.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Comical that I just got off chat with support about this—asked if this was normal and he said “no”. 1-year warranty and an obvious design flaw.
Off to find a different doorbell camera, so long Ring!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Question? Does anyone have a 3D printer to produce these buttons? It would be worth $20.00 instead of a new Ring to me.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi Benramadan,
It's super nice of you to 3D print ring doorbell pro buttons. I'd like to get one too if you still have any left. Kindly let me know and I can send you my address and I can take care of postage.
Thanks,
Janakiraman
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I haven't been able to find a how-to guide/video to replace the button so I recorded a walk-through.  Apologies for the choppy editing, and I'm by no means an electronics expert so please only use this as a guide!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwr9A2uHMkk

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi Benramadan,

I too need a new button, I would be very appreciative of you could 3D print one for me too..

Best regards
Michael
Highlighted
Community Manager

We are currently investigating this issue. In the meantime, we advise you not to replace your doorbell button. Altering the button may damage the motion sensor behind the button and may result in a defective product and/or void the warranty.  We will update this thread on any new findings from the team. Thank you!

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes hopefully RING decides to fix the issue because my button cracked after the warranty was up. This seems to be the case with many many other people as well. It seems that since RING has not fixed the defect people are dong it on their own instead of having to buy a brand new RING again with a discount. Why buy a RING again if the doorbell button breaks after a year or two?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks Jennifer, yes it would be great to have a resolution from Ring rather than having to take matters into our own hands. My Pro was out of warranty when the button broke (and ultimately fell off completely), so with no button and the electronics exposed to the elements my Pro was non functional anyway. Seems I had nothing to lose trying to fix it - in either scenario, I have a broken doorbell. I agree if you're in warranty, speak to Ring and don't DIY.